What actually is so good about Asukayama Park?
I'm tempted to say just look at the photographs, but instead here are a few things our kids liked:
- an elephant slide as big or bigger than a real elephant;
- an old yellow tram and a train engine to climb on, sit in or run around;
- a three story high castle with slides from the top (or half way up for the slightly nervous kids or parents)
And that's without mentioning the sand pit, the toddler slide, the swing set, or the chance to climb all over the random but colourful stone animals.
Here are a few things that we (the parents) liked:
- the playground is in the middle of a fabulous park area with great vantage points and viewing areas;
- in winter the park was covered with unusual but colourful cabbages and other winter flowers;
- by Spring the park had some of the most beautiful late blooming cherry blossoms which should have made it the most popular Sakura hotspot around, but there were hardly any tourists there, let alone local Tokyoites
And that's without mentioning the vending machines, the baby change tables, or the three museums located within the park (including the fascinating Paper Museum that deals with nothing but the history of paper).
Go for a visit, definitely worth it with kids.
Read my complete review here: www.turningjapanese.org
If you own or manage Asukayama Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.