“Nice budget range hotel in less touristy area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa

Save Saved
You added Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa to your Saves list
Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-10-10 Horidome-cho Nihonbashi, Chuo, Tokyo Prefecture 103-0012, Japan   |
Ranked #14 of 76 hotels in Chuo
London
“Nice budget range hotel in less touristy area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I chose this hotel to be close to a friend of mine who lives in the neighbourhood. It is quintessentially Japanese but full of what looks like really nice restaurants. This is a basic hotel which is only 15 mins from the centre and has 3 or 4 subway stations close by on the popular lines. The room I stayed in was small. It served it’s purpose. Free wifi was only available in the lobby area which is quite normal nowadays but not convenient if you want to do some research of the city before you head out. I’ve lived in Tokyo before so it wasn’t difficult to get around but for those who haven’t been it’s probably too Japanese and possibly too far from all the tourist sites. The limousine bus isn't close by so I took a 700 Yen taxi ride to the hotel. Besides that, if I wasn’t travelling alone I definitely would have ventured out to try one of the many restaurants around but I can't guarantee they would have English menus. My friend said it was an expensive Japanese neighbourhood so it was very safe but most places are safe in Japan.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed 8 nights in a small double room with my teenage daughter. The room was very small as expected, but we didn't mind. The room was clean, the staff friendly and most importantly it was in a convenient location, less than 5 min walk to Ningyocho and the Kodenmancho Tokyo metro train station, a 24 hr family mart next door, Yoshinoya across the street, Starbucks, post office and numerous restaurants and eateries within a walking distance. Close to Tokyo City air terminal if you're taking the limo bus from Narita. I'd stay in this hotel again next time I visit Tokyo. Overall we were pleased with our stay and prices were reasonable and affordable!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good location (close to metro). amazing friendly staff (who waved us off as we got in the taxi). clean rooms.

Only thing that stopped me giving 5* is the small double rooms are VERY small - normal for Japan. So much so that we upgraded to a bigger room, but I am 190cm tall and my girlfriend about 160cm!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ljubljana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Excellent is the first word that comes to my mind when I think of this hotel. We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights and everything was perfect. The room is small but is super cleaned and has everything and more that you could wish from good hotel room.

Staff is amazing and they act more like friends than just hotel employers.

Great location a lot of restaurants, bars in the street. Two metro stations near by. Indeed the best place to stay in Tokyo if you want great value for your money. Enjoy Tokyo as we did by staying in this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We made our reservation thinking that a double bed would be o.k. for a couple of nights but after seeing the room , we asked for something bigger . We were lucky that something was available so we accepted to pay close to double the price ($140) and got some good night sleeps .
The hotel is conveniently located between 2 subways stations and there are plenty of restaurants ( off all prices) and groceries nearby .
It is quiet and we saw a lot of tourists in the lobby . Free WIFI is available and fast and there are a couple of internet stations in the lobby . The staff is extremely helpful and has available documentation
for touring and sightseeing !
We highly recommend ! Just avoid the doublebed if you want to enjoy your stay !

Room Tip: The elevator works fine so try to get a room in the upper floors . it is quiter and the view is nice...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Akita, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights in the Horidome Villa and we are scheduled to stay there again on our next trip to Tokyo this fall. Like many other hotels in Tokyo, the room is very small and the bed is "cozy." But the room and bathroom are clean and the hotel staff is very friendly. I give this hotel a "four" rating instead of a five for only one reason: it's a bit off the JR Yamanote line and so you have to deal with a bit of inconvenience to get anywhere in Tokyo that's not on the Hibiya subway line. That, of course, isn't the Hotel's fault, and, as I said, we'll be staying there again this coming trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa? Share your experiences!