Taking advantage of the commemoration of our 25th years anniversary trip, as well as our honeymoon, following our wedding thanks to the new French law about marriage for all, we decided to inform all the hotels we had booked of the purpose of this trip and our civil situation.
We were greeted at the reception with congratulations for our wedding, and found in our room a very kind message from the Director, with special fruit preparation.
The MO Tokyo is really perfectly localized in this gigantic megalopolis. Close to Tokyo train station, with a subway station access in the same building, connected to two strategic lines : it’s very important in this city as transports are a key element to understand and enjoy it.
The hotel occupies the top of a high building with breathtaking views. Our room was spacious, very nicely decorated with Japanese delicate influence, and we had the same dramatic views over Tokyo at our feet. At night it’s really magic. Unfortunately, the weather not allowed to see the mount Fuji…
I had a massage at the SPA (beautiful place), highly recommendable: very sweet and relaxing.
Breakfast buffet is of the highest quality, with a smooth and professional service.
We had dinner two times at the Asiatic restaurant, with very tasty options, and some cocktails at the lounge, with outstanding views and great service.
As it’s almost a tradition at MO hotels, we always enjoyed to be greeted by our name in the lobby when coming back from our visits, with appreciated personal reference to our honeymoon: this kind of attention makes you feel very special!
In general, the care for details and personalization is a trademark of MO hotels, and this one didn’t escape from this rule.
Minor critic, but more linked to Japan: the hotel still allow smoking in public areas and, despite a highly sophisticated system of aeration, you may detect smoke presence.
Resuming, amazing hotel, amazing service, amazing localization, amazing food: perfect to end a memorable honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo's visionary design and award-winning service has been recognised as the epitome of sophisticated luxury in the city. Superbly located in the prestigious financial district within the historical and cultural centre of Tokyo, the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group property in Japan embodies the best of contemporary and time-honoured architectural splendour. The hotel features 178 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites, ten restaurants and bars and an award-winning spa situated within the soaring, Cesar Pelli-designed Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower. The site offers spectacular views of the city skyline while providing access to stately banquet and conference facilities within the adjacent Mitsui Main Building, a Japanese cultural-heritage property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Hotel Chuo
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Tokyo
- Mandarin Oriental Chuo
- Mandarin Tokyo
- Chuo Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Japan