Service is sensational. When you arrive at the ground floor level, the staff in the 38th floor reception area are immediately on alert to welcome you to the hotel. There was a genuine warmth and empathy emanating from the young woman who welcomed me at the entrance and literally whisked me up to the top floor. And the panoramic view of Tokyo from behind the back of the check-in area is "sharp intake of breath" inducing, it is so eye-catching and spectacular.
I booked a Grand King Room on the 35th floor. It was one of the most serene habitats I have ever experienced. Apart from the panoramic view from the floor to ceiling windows, the bamboo floors coupled with the comfortable floor mats and the capacious extra-large bed put me in a "Japanese state-of-mind". I felt like I was a shogun (at least for two days!). The hotel also has a number of Michelin-starred establishments, two of which will serve food (at not too exorbitant prices) directly to your room. There's also a Japanese-style bathroom to die for, divided into separate compartments encapsulating a sunken bath, a wet room with a shower, a separate wc and sink area (with all the usual high end toiletries).
For social interaction, it's difficult to beat the bar of the hotel on a weekend night. If you sit at the bar, you can watch the bar tenders mix taste-filled cocktails with great style and brio. Or, if you are in a romantic mood, you can adjourn to the banquettes at the back of the bar, where you can sit with your loved one/hot date and take in the amazing panoramic view of Tokyo, buzzing with life, hundreds of feet below you.
Admittedly, this hotel set me back about Euro 1,200 for two nights there. But it was worth every single cent of my expenditure. An outstanding place.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Hotel Chuo
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Tokyo
- Mandarin Oriental Chuo
- Mandarin Oriental Tokyo
- Mandarin Tokyo
- Chuo Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Japan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dramatic impression awaits you up upon your arrival at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo. Sped 38 floors up by private elevator step out into our extraordinary lobby surrounded by glass and enjoy a panorama of Tokyo city. That stunning sight is offered at every opportunity; bringing a remarkable sense of space to all our 179 rooms and suites, offering a spectacular backdrop for our restaurants, bars and our spa in the sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Tablet Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.