“great value for your money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nihonbashi Villa

You added Hotel Nihonbashi Villa to your Saves list
Hotel Nihonbashi Villa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2-2-1 Nihonbashi Bakurocho, Chuo 103-0002, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Ranked #53 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
“great value for your money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My boyfriend just came back from Japan two days ago and we stayed at this hotel for 10 nights. I am happy to say that we really enjoyed our time at the hotel.
We were supposed to stay from the 7th - 16th but because of over booking we did not get onto our flight so we had to leave one day later the 8th. I emailed agoda.com asking them if there is any way to keep our hotel room and the hotel ended up moving our days back without charging us a fee which made me extremely happy. We payed $60 cdn per night for a Semi Double Room.
Our room was on the 10th floor, room 1018 and it was non smoking. It did not smell like smoke any where in the hotel.
The room was very tiny, I don't even know how the got the queen sized bed into the room to be honest, but it was functional. We lived out of our carry on's and so we ended up putting our suitcases under the bed every night which gave us some room to be able to walk a bit more freely.
The bed was much bigger than what was described on agoda.com. My boyfriend is 6'3 and his feet did not dangle off the bed like we thought he would. The mattress was a bit stiff but you get used to it.
I was very happy to see that we had a fridge in our room. It helped us save a bit of money because we would buy dinner or sometimes lunch at the Mini mart which is just down the road.
The main reason I had booked this room is because it had it's own bathroom. I am not the type of person that would feel comfortable taking a shower in a shared bathroom late at night when we would come back to our room at midnight. It was a very tiny bathroom, we both couldn't stand in it together, but it had everything you needed such as toilet, bath, and shower.
The hotel is very well located. It was two steps from the JR Yakosoku line Bakurocho station. Also if you turned right and walked 15-20 minutes you were in Akihabara. Walk to your left and you are in Asakusa.
The only reason I am giving this hotel 4* is because one, the walls are very thin so you hear everyone talking. I am a light sleeper and woke up most nights because I would hear people talking outside the room or even in the room beside us. Number two, WiFi is not that reliable. I brought my cellphone and every morning there was a hoard of people in the lobby on the wifi and the hotel would run out of IP addresses and they would have to restart the internet which was kind of a pain.
I would most definitely stay here again as long as we get the same sized room. I can't imagine being in a smaller room but if you are looking for a convenient location and an amazing price, I highly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed from 28mar-5apr in a semi double room on the 8th non smoking room/floor. The room size itself was quite small but still enough for a couple like us (i'm 180cm tall, spouse is 170cm) with light carry-ons. The location is really close to both JR and Metro station which is really easy to get anywhere in Tokyo.

The cleanliness, and staff help were also excellent with limited english abilty. Toilet was also very clean. Even when we hung "do not disturb" sign, they left a bag full of clean towels, toothbrushes, shaver, and tea bags.. Excellent

Free wi-fi throughout although the signal strength is best near the elevator or lobby.

Price is economical!! We are really satisfied and would stay there again.

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Location:
Perfect convenient location for sightseeing, visiting the most attraction & places around.
Only few minutes walking distance (250m) to the next train station.

Facilities:
The best years are over already. The hotel incl. capsules are very old & used already but for Y2900 for one night still O.K.
I have seen many better capsules in Japan. So not Japans best.
-free Wi-Fi only at the lobby
+aircondition are available.
-Bathroom, showers etc. are clean but very used already.
The bathroon is at the ground floor lacated which makes things more complicated.

Staff:
The staff is very friendly, well informed & really helpful.
English speaking staff.

Rooms:
Rooms are clean, capsules old but O.K.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with the location, as we could walk past metrostations on our way to the JR-station (as we had a JR-pass) within 5-6 minutes!
It was nice and quiet, had a nice enough view, the staff was very helpful, though the room was very small, it had all we needed.
The only bad thing is that the matress is almost hard as stone, so my back was hurting badly after 2 nights, but my husband had no problems.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and was gald to above traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I choosed this hotel only for price and location. The overall result of my stay is sufficient. Hotel does not offer anything special. Wifi is ok, but not unreliable during night and early morning (too many devices are connected and run out of IP addresses). Rooms are small as any other hotel in Japan. No desk. Bad things were the room temperature, 16 degrees and no heat inside, only air conditioning for summer. A pervasive smell of cigarettes smoke coming from bathroom was the most annoying thing. Reception told that is a 'feature' of hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
A Coruña
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have just come back from a staying of 10 nights at this hotel.

It is only 3 minutes walking from MTR station and JR line. It is located in a very quite street but many restaurants can be found nearby in the street of the JR line station.

The room is small, but unless you go to a 4* in Tokyo ( in my experience),this is what you usually find in Tokyo.

It is a great option for anyone going for business or pleasure. Comfortable room although small ( with facilities such as tea, TV, hairdryer, fridge...), complete bathroom and an excellent cleaning are their strength.

On the oppossite, the staff in general is a little bit rude and although they help you ( or they try ) they are not very kind. Specially the men. Most of them don't speak english, so language is also a barrier. Besides, do not count with internet as they say. We could only connect our tablet and phones in counted occassions and specially at the lobby, but not always.

One last thing, our room was in the second floor and was non-smoking but many mornings the smoke of cigarrettes flouded our bathroom which was really disgusting.

Overall, I would recommend it but I hope to be in another hotel next time, mainly because of the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Curitiba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Very nice budget hotel. Strategic location, some steps from Bakurocho JR station and 15 minutes walking from Akihabara. Rooms are a bit small, but ok for japanese standards. Important to say about the breakfast. it's a full japanese style, there's no western foods. Hi-speed internet wifi avaliable. Good choice.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chuo
Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa
Smile Hotel Tokyo Nihombashi
Comfort Hotel Tokyo Higashi Nihonbashi
Hotel Mystays Nihonbashi
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Nihombashi-Kayabacho
Hotel Nihonbashi Saibo

Been to Hotel Nihonbashi Villa? Share your experiences!