“Amazing Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Tokyo Ginza

You added Mercure Tokyo Ginza to your Saves list
Mercure Tokyo Ginza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-9-4 Ginza, Chuo 104-0061, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sarnia, Canada
“Amazing Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed at the Mercure Ginza in the Summer of '09 and it was one of if not the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The cost per night was somewhat high but it was certainly worth it. Although my room was quite small it had everything I needed and was very modern. However, the breakfast each morning was by far the best part of this hotel. I ate 3 or 4 plates of delicious bacon, eggs and fresh pastries each day and only needed a light snack later in the afternoon to tide me over saving myself hundreds of dollars in food costs. The hotel was in a great area of Ginza - close to subways and a lot of interesting sites. It would have been nice if the hotel had a pool because the temperatures were in the upper 30's each day, but, besides that I was very pleased with my stay and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
MercureTokyoGinza, Sales at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, July 11, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.
I read carefully your comments and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

If u are arriving from Ginza station, exit A13, walk towards the tiffany/bvlgari , turn right into the street at bvlgari is. Look out for Mecure when u see Starbucks. same building where Macdonald is.

We stayed for 7 nights. Check in was a breeze. Free in-room LAN broadband. Front Desk spoke good english. Its nice to see that they have a dedicated room section for ladies only.

shampoo/body wash are under the japanese brand KOSE. Location was good. on the street behind the main Ginza street. Going to disneyaland was easy, Hotel is linked to the subway at B1. Walking distance (Ard 15-20 mins) to tsukiji fish market.

Luggage drop off/pick up was efficient. I believe they provide free luggage deposit for a few days if u are travelling out of tokyo for trips.

No complaints about mecure ginza.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

This was my first trip to Tokyo, so I didn't really know much about the Ginza neighborhood, particularly as it related to the tourist sites, but i was able to reserve the Mercure at a great price during an online sale through the Accor website so I took the chance. The hotel itself was very nice - clean (as is everything in Japan), friendly, all the employees I spoke with were fluent in English (i didn't realize just how rare this is prior to my visit), and in close proximity to a subway line (though one that never went where I was going), 2 Lawsons convenience stores and a McDonalds (all 24 hours). I did not spend much time in the hotel itself (other than to sleep), so I can't speak much of the services provided (restaurant, room service, fitness center, etc), except to say that I enjoyed the free in-room internet access (LAN not wifi).

The hotel is convenient to Tokyo station, which is great if you are coming from Narita. It's about a 20 min walk (if you don't get lost!) so technically doable in good weather without luggage; alternatively, the cab ride cost me about 900Y. Based on another TA review, I contacted the hotel prior to arrival for directions that I was able to print and give to the cab driver - I highly recommend this to anyone staying here, as even with the map, the driver had to refer to it a couple times and circle the block once to find the hotel. It is also convenient to plenty of shopping and dining options, the Imperial Palace (walking distance), the Maranouchi line for traveling to Shinjuku (about 20 min), and the Ginza line for Shibuya/Harajuku (about 20 min) in one direction or Akihabara, Ueno, or Asakusa in the other (20 min or less).

Despite all the above, I probably would not stay here on my next trip to Tokyo without a similar deal on price, but only because the location was not close to the sites I was most interested in, esp. the nightlife. Although I always felt very safe in Tokyo, as a solo female traveler, I prefer to have a hotel in the area where I will be at night (just to be clear, I'm not using the term "nightlife" to refer to all-night clubbing. The subways in Tokyo stop around midnight (the time varies slightly by line), and it always took me a few tries to find the right subway line and walk to the entrance (the stations are massive in Tokyo), so I would have to be headed to the subway no later than 11:30p, which sometimes made dinners feel rushed. The alternative would have been a 2,800Y cab ride back to Ginza).

But if the Mercure were located in Shibuya, Harajuku or Shinjuku, I would be back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

A very good hotel, professional staff always attentive and polite, Free internet provided near reception or free wi fi in your room. The restaurant provided excellent meals at reasonable prices. Good spread of the usual breakfast products including a wide selection of japanese foods with breakfast buffet. The rooms were clean and spacious for Japanese standards. Your door key card was used to access your floor in the lift. The Tokyo Metro subway can be accessed via the B2 exit located on the basement level of the hotel. Close to Tsukiji fish market within 10 minutes walk and 2 minutes walk to the main shopping blocks on the Ginza. 15 minute stroll to the Imperial palace. Mcdonalds is open 24/7 and is located next door to the hotel on ground floor or there is a convenience store across the road.. You can find authentic japanese restaurants down the road at excellent prices. Overall a very good hotel....Idai na hoteru wa de, anata ni kansha taizai suru

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I stayed at the Mercure GInza for 5 days. Tokyo is very expensive so and I got a reasonable rate (120 USD per night) at this hotel as I booked early.

Here are the main problems:

1. Hotel structure is ridiculously cheap - you can hear EVERYTHING that goes on on the rooms above and beside yours. I made several complaints to the staff and they did not do anything about it. This went of for 3 nights and seriously spoiled my stay as having a quiet full night sleep is impossible here.

2. Staff is poorly trained, I don;t know what other guests that posted reviews here saw in this staff. They speak little English (and trust me, basic English is spoken everywhere in Tokyo, specially brand hotels) and have no power to help us in anything besides suggesting some average restaurants and saying hello and goodbye.

3. Bar and restaurant are, to say the least. sad. Don't waste your time not even checking it out. I had received two courtesy drinks (which in Accor Hotels usually mean any drink) and as I was claiming the drink, I learned that I could have a soft drink or a beer. A courtesy drink is now a Coke?!?!?!?! Pitiful.

Anyway.... there were so many other smaller problems that I think everyone should know that this hotel is not that great. Rooms are clean and location is OK (there are several good locations in Tokyo and this is by far not the coolest) but that is about it. If you pay a bit more, you can go for a 4/5 star hotel that will treat you right. Or just go to a simpler place and don't waste your money here.

Besides that, enjoy Tokyo!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

AUSTRALIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We had a little difficulty finding the hotel as we had to walk form the station
Staff were very pleasant ;and helpful even though their English was not that good. The room had everything you could want except space. The main problem was that as we were there for a week we would have liked to unpack but the wardrobe was so tiny and there were absolutely no drawers or shelves. This resulted in a heap of clothes hanging on the chair and desk.
Positives were free in room internet which was very handy as I had a macbook. There was also an internet site near the dining room. The bed was comfortable and there were a choice of pillows. The room was also extremely quite as there is not much activity outside the hotel.The Ginza is a fabulous place to stay even if it is hard to find a cheap meal There was so much happening there. There was a station right next door to the hotel but we didn't use it as it wasn't a JR line station but the other station was a short walk away.
I thoroughly recommend getting a JR rail pass if you are going to go to Kyoto as you can use it on many of the lines around Tokyo and it is so easy

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Its in a great location about 7 min walk to Yurakucho station. We stayed in a Deluxe quuen room which was very modern looking, the bathroom was clean & spacious. The room is more spacious than the superior room & for that amount of night i would definatly upgrade the room as the other one is way too small. We didnt have breakfast at the hotel as there are so many options outside the hotel to venture out & eat at. Not to mention there is a Macdonalds down stairs which helps for those occasions when you need a last min snack.
Honestly the location of the hotel is unbeatable as you are right in the heat of Ginza. There are heaps of department stores with food courts to get your essentials from not to mention the Lawsons convenient stores (like a 7/11 store) where you get can get your water & snack.
We were able to visit all the surroundings subburbs using the JR line with our JR passes so it was very convenient to get around.
We also stumbled across a lovely tapas restaurant on our last night called Di Punto which is on the same st as the hotel right next door to the Canon Gallery.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Sales

Been to Mercure Tokyo Ginza? Share your experiences!