“Excellent location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Tokyo Ginza

You added Mercure Tokyo Ginza to your Saves list
Mercure Tokyo Ginza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-9-4 Ginza, Chuo 104-0061, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
dubai
“Excellent location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Location is really the best quality of this hotel for the price offered! Absolutely superb ginza shopping area with the famous designers buildings! Metro stations very close, loads of restaurants that you can choose from, breakfast in the hotel is decent, not amazing.

Room Tip: Very clean, unless you are with a big family standard room is quite enough space for a couple.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

I would like to thank youo for the time you spent in commenting on our property. we wish to welcome you back and make you appreciate our hospitality once again.

All my best regards

General manager
gm@mercureginza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I. Loved. It.

Good parts:

The location is perfect. Right in the middle of Ginza (beautiful area), just off the high street. Quick access to transport: Ginza line, Yamanote overground @ Yurakucho. Akihabara very close by, as is Maranuchi (tour buses available here) and the Imperial Palace. Tsukiji and Kabuki Theatre walking distance (good luck getting into either, though).

Service is top notch. Desk staff will do whatever they can to help you (even the few who struggle to communicate in English) and cleaning ladies are courteous.

Wireless available for free in every room which is just exceptional. Reception is weaker on the last rooms of the floor (at least ours was - on the 9th floor).

Cleaning service always on time and efficient.

We had a double room and while it was rather small, it was bigger than what I expected for Tokyo. Very satisfied. The view from the window was blocked by a building on the other side of the street but I didn't care because I was in f*cking Tokyo. Many amenities provided. LAN ports, work desk, great light control system right next to the bed. High-tech multi-function toilets.

Overall it was a dream stay. I absolutely look back at it with fondness and nostalgia.

Bad parts:

None.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you so much for such comments left on TripAdvisor. I will share them with the teams who will, certainly be proud of having served you during your stay.
I will check the internet connection as we rarely have issues about internet broadcasting power. Thank you for mentioning it...this will help in checking the installation and avoid inconvenience to our clientele.
Let me know when you decide to come back to Tokyo...I will be glad to welcome you personally and make sure you spend pleasant days with us.

please accept my best regards

General manager
PRC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

As per hotel's information, it is actually 1 min from one of the Metro station. However, the information does not tell it also only takes 8 minutes from JR Station if you know how to walk. It is also good if you plan to join the Tsukiji market (around 13 min walk).

Counter staff was polite as always and spoke Excellent English.

Room Tip: Though the size of the room is really really small, there are double rooms with TWO double rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor. It is true that the hotel is close to plenty of places of interest and within walking distances… I will make sure this is updated on our corporate site www.accorhotels.com. I appreciated your Room Tip as it helps our clients to choose better comfort according to their needs. We will be delighted to have you at Mercure Tokyo Ginza again on your next trip to Japan.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed for four nights and my thoughts are the same as I had on my first visit in December 2012. The location is very good as the hotel is a few blocks away from the main Ginza area. The room itself is conformable but a bit tired but the cleaning staff does an excellent job at servicing the room. The wi-fi is available but very slow. Only BBC news channel and a few French channels and the rest is in Japanese so if your jet lag and want to watch a movie in English, you need to buy a VPOD voucher next to the elevator to do so. The staff are very polite and a big plus for the hotel. I would return in the future as all in all it's a good place to stay with plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stays with us. As for the TV channels, we preferred opting for the Pay TV card (only 1000 JPY cost) as it gives the chance to our clients to enjoy the latest movies from all over the world (different languages and big range of programs to watch).
Concerning the WIFI connection, I checked the system as well as your room as we do not have complaints about the broadcasting speed.
Thank you once again for your kind comments on the teams. We will be delighted to have you at Mercure Tokyo Ginza again on your next trip to Japan.

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My family and I spent some days in Tokyo and decided to stay at the Mercure in the heart of the city: Ginza. It was February, very cold but from the hotel building without going out you can walk directly to the train station: it was really confortable. 2 minutes walking to Ginza Street and to the other train stations. It was easy to reach all points of interests even though we don't speak Japanese as we follow the direction provided by the always kind and professional staff at the reception desk. The room are little but fully equipped with all kind of stuff you may need in an hotel. We strongly suggest this hotel for both tourists and business travellers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor. I read your message carefully and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you recommending us to the travelers and I would be delighted to have you at Mercure Tokyo Ginza again on your next trip to Japan. We will be happy to serve you and your family.

Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and were so happy how this hotel is very convenient! The front desk staff are very fluent in English and also very helpful.The rooms are clean and modern,also spacious enough.Breakfast buffet is just okay,not so plenty to choose from.The hotel is walking distance from the main shopping area. Also a lot of convenience stores,restaurants nearby. Mcdo is 24 hrs and a less than 5 min walk from the hotel if you're craving for fast food. If you want to change your money to yen, there's a exchange bank in Ginza core ( you'll walk past Mitsukoshi,cross the street and you'll see the building) For pinoys,they don't accept peso,only dollars and other currencies.
Yurakucho station is 10 mins walk and travel time from Tokyo station to Narita is 1 hour.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on tripadvisor. Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated our location. As for breakfast, I am quite sure that you will change your mind on your next trip to Tokyo (if you stay with us). You will see some changes as we intend to add some more items and extend the buffet space.

Thank you for your feed back hoping to see you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Had stayed with my wife for about a week at the hotel, in 2 stays. The hotel is in a good location for shopping and eating and from there, you can take the subway to a lot of attractions easily. Special mention must be given to Ms Kunugi and Ms Fukushima of the front desk. Since check-in, both of them had patiently assisted us with the direction around Ginza and to some of the attractions. They were always so helpful and cheerful. Will stay with the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for your comments and for the time spent in writing on Tripadvisor. I will forward your comments to the teams and will thank my two concerned employees for having taken the time to assit you and help you in finding the places of interest you were interested in.

We were all glad to have you with us and hope to see you again soon.

gm@mercureginza.com

Been to Mercure Tokyo Ginza? Share your experiences!