“Excellent choice for a business stay in tokyo” 5 of 5 stars

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-9-4 Ginza, Chuo, Tokyo Prefecture 104-0061, Japan   |
Ranked #8 of 76 hotels in Chuo
Antwerp, Belgium
“Excellent choice for a business stay in tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We picked a hotel in tokyo based on location, and were very pleased with the mercure hotel.

The location was indeed good: close to ginza brand street, a lot of restaurants closeby, basement connection to the subway or 5 minute walk to another line, and 20 minute walk to tokyo train station.

The welcome was smooth, friendly and efficient. Any request for directions or recommendations was done very well, in perfect english. Breakfast buffet was good, with a larger then usual western selection, which we though was good. we did not try the restaurant, so I cannot comment on that part.

The rooms were clean, and well kept and for a business user large enough. there was wired internet connection in the room and wifi in the lobby. I personnaly preffer wifi in room as well, as with many smartphones/ipad, wifi connection to connect to home is convenient and a wire just doesn't cut it then. that was the only thing I could find to improve on the rooms.

There is no fitness/pool, but I guess taht is rare is a town where place is costly.

Overall I enjoyed my stay in the mercure hotel in ginza and was glad I selected it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.
I read carefully your comments and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

670 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I travelled to Tokyo for a couple of time. Most of the time I stayed at a hotel in Shinjuku area. This time, I stayed at Mercure Hotel Ginza Tokyo in mid November 2012. This stay made me feel better than any time.
From Narita airport, I traveled using NEX train to Tokyo station and walked to the hotel. It was okey to do so and took about 20 mins to reach the hotel. The hotel receptionist was helpful. The check-in time was at 14:00 but we could kept a luggage(s) at the hotel with no problem.
The location of the hotel is very close to the main shopping street at Ginza area. Also one of the metro line is located at the hotel ground floor. Alternatively, we could walk through the main street, enjoy sight-seeing and reached at Ginza station within 10-15 mins. This was enjoyable. Nearby the hotel, a lot of Japanese restuarants, convenient stores and fastfood restuarant are located within 5 mins walking distance. This was impressed me.
The room size was standard compare to the same room rate hotels and typical for Tokyo area. The room was clean without any bad smell. Hotel's amenities were reasonable. Free coffee & tea were available in the room. An ice maker was located one on each floor.
Breakfast was in a standard range compare to other hotels at the same price range in Tokyo area. I could enjoy the breakfast with no complaint. For the same room rate, this hotel is recommended.
Overall, I would definitely come back and stay at this hotel again in the future. Ginza area is one of my best favourite area in Tokyo.

Room Tip: Room number less than X15 is closer to the elevator. My room 621 was the farthest from the lift.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed five nights at the Mercure Ginza. The hotel is located in the heart of Ginza and all the hustle and bustle of Ginza and shopping only a short stroll away. The area is also well covered with 24h corner shops which will provide you with all the essentials.

Check in was delayed as my room was not ready at midday. The deluxe room I had booked was large with a small seating area and a desk for working and a mini bar and tea/coffee facilities. The bathroom was clean and tidy and featured all the typical amenities. WiFi was free but service was slow and unreliable.

The hotel uses a very strange room deodoriser which is way too strong and takes quite some time getting used to.

Breakfast was decent and varied (western and japanese). Staff were friendly throughout.

As is typical at Mercure there was zero recognition for Le Club Accorhotels Platinum members, which is a shame and an opportunity missed.

Room rates are on the high side for Mercure.

Would I return? Yes

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Starflyergold,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Tokyo Ginza. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback especially from one of our valued Le Club Accorhotels Platinum member.
The occupancy of our hotel is generally quite high but we ensure guests can enjoy their room from 14.00 H. Nevertheless we try to provide early check in when possible, especially to our Le Club Accorhotels card members and we are sorry no room was available before noon.
The Le Club Accorhotels is a great program we are very proud that you joined. As Platinum status Members you get 100% Points bonus compared with Le Club Accorhotels Classic Status, and you also benefit from additional advantages and services for you stay in Sofitel, Pullman and MGallery hotels.
We are proud to inform you that we are updating our wifi to improve the speed and quality of the service and before end of this year the whole hotel will provide free wifi to all the guests.

Pieter De Weerd | General Manager Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Pelotas, RS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

very modern, clean and polite staff.
there is a good french restaurant in there, dont, miss it.
it,s near to every were, easy acces to the metro.
the price is high, as every thing in Tokyo, we choose a good hotel to feel safe.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We 2 adults 2 children age 10(twins!) stayed for two nights. 2 rooms. Very comfortable, clean, contemporary yet still sympathetic to Japanese style. Complementary toiletries and slippers/gown.
Rooms quite spacious considering the comments other reviewers have made about hotel rooms in Tokyo being small...
Easy to find-just look up as well HUGE purple mercure on side of building.
Really excellent selection at breakfast. Tasted like "real" scrambled eggs!!
Downside wifi only in reception and breakfast. But I managed to hook into a ramdom one ?
We actually just walked from train station to the hotel- we were in no rush and arrived at commuter time so felt it was probably easier to meander along rather than sit in a taxi in traffic.
We also got up at 330am and went to the tuna auction. Again this was just a 15 minute walk and easy to find. Saw the first auction, then back for breakfast then bed again!!!!
I was delighted at choosing this hotel. It provided a very very comfortable base to explore Tokyo from, either on foot or by metro.

• Stayed November 2012

Helensvale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose this hotel for our last night in Tokyo becuase of the location. The hotel is about $10 AUD from Tokyo station by taxi so very affordable. The hotel is within walking distance of all the glitz of the Ginza district main streets - so much to see, do and shopping is great. The staff are very focused on customer service and were able to help direct me to a particular store which I had to visit - being a non Japanese speaking person, this request turned out to be easier than I thougth. Very helpful staff. The breakfast was good and the room and bathroom both were a decent size. Our room didnt have a good view, but we were only there for 1 night and not focused on the view.

Room Tip: If staying for any length of time, I would request a room with some kind of view, rather than lookin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
営業部, Sales at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, 2 days ago

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in a superior twin room. The room was fairly spacious by Japanese standards and the beds are softer than most. The bathroom is also quite spacious, though a little dated, it was very clean. Because it's a French run hotel, it didn't have green tea or slippers like Japanese run hotels, but there was coffee and robes instead. Location is close to busy shopping area of Ginza but not so close that it's noisy, it's actually fairly quiet and we slept well. Very close to subways, the hotel is actually above a station.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
営業部, Sales at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, yesterday

Sales

Been to Mercure Tokyo Ginza? Share your experiences!