“Best sushi we had in Japan!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Special occasions
Good for: Special occasions
Chicago, Illinois
“Best sushi we had in Japan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We read the reviews and came here for sushi, and had the best sushi we've ever had in our lives. The service was friendly and we ate things we never ate before, but each one was beautifully presented and absolutely divine. This is the one to try!

Visited July 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food and service is amazing at Seamon. The head chef takes so much time in preparing and then explaining each dish. For me the best sushi I have had. All staff are there to make your meal something to remember

• Visited July 2014
Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Maybe the best sushi ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I've been eating sushi for 40+ years - long before it became popular outside the Japanese communities of our urban areas. I've had some really mediocre sushi and some off the charts sushi - traditional, upscale, innovative - you name it.

But I have never had better sushi or more expertly presented sushi.

My wife, foodie and apprentice sushi expert and I explained our love affair with this delightful way to eat to the concierge at the Conrad, Tokyo in Ginza. I had to emphasize several times that we "REALLY" knew sushi, we ate everything that swam in the sea, attached itself to rocks or burrowed in the sand, and price was no object.

Finally, he said - OK, I will send you to a special place - and he did.

We opted for the Omakase selection at 15,000 yen. We that given the ambiance, the presentation and the incredible quality and diversity of the offerings (and the fact that it was in one of the most expensive urban areas on the planet) that it was a bargain. We loved every dish and every minute of our Tokyo experience. Since we routinely spend $60 - 70 per person at our favorite Gardena, CA (just south of LA with a very large Japanese population) outstanding quality hole in the wall (without sake), $150 per person for this kind of experience in Ginza seemed just fine.

If high end sushi is one of your things and you find yourself in Tokyo - give it a try.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Amazing restaurant. You sit at the bar, with all the sushi being prepared right in front of you. Good explanation about all the different fish by the chef. Very very fresh, amazing taste!

• Visited June 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Incredible service and sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful multi course set lunch menu that we thought was incredible value (35$/pp) given the quality of food and service. Very easy to find and a cozy atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014