“Wow food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
toluca lake
“Wow food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at Westin and the lunch was an amazing experience.The food was meticulously prepared and the chef and staff were very attentive.
If you are in Tokyo even for a day don't miss on this experience.you will not regret.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My Tokyo guide suggested this Teppanyaki restaurant as I had a sudden craving for the best Japanese beef whilst walking in Ginza. I had no prior knowledge of this venue.

Teppanyaki is not just about great food - it is the atmosphere, the service as well as whether the chef is skilful in both cooking and conversation. Our chef was excellent - very experienced cook with just the right amount of communication.

One could be excused for thinking that we are in an exclusive antique shop as we walked through the entrance. The wooden beams on the ceiling were an unusual red colour and design. We were served a welcome tea in the lounge, before our coats were collected and we were taken into the main dining room.

As we walked along the corridor, I stopped at the glassed wine cellar and was surprised by the great collection of French red wines. The main dining room had a special French atmosphere mixed with oriental ambience.

Waiter service was excellent. The menu is not extensive and we ordered the special Chef menu even though it was lunch time as it was not a big meal - the quality of the abalone and beef was excellent. I immediately asked my guide to make a reservation for dinner 2 nights later so that I could sample their wine.

I rate this restaurant by a combination of service, ambience and food quality - though I must say that Nadaman Restaurant in Hong Kong also provides the best quality products in the Teppanyaki section of their restaurant - it lacks the rare atmosphere of this venue.

Ukaitei makes sure that clients enjoy exclusive dessert service by providing exquisite small tables away from the Teppanyaki cooking plates. One can enjoy an after-lunch dessert and coffee in a different section.

It was a most satisfying experience and we are certainly looking forward to returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Hands down one of the best meals I have ever had. 4 of us had a private teppanyaki room and each took the seasonal set menu which began with baked egg in a creamy sauce with sea urchin. Delicious. This was followed by a sashimi of white fish so thin and fresh it melted on the tongue. This was followed by a duck consommé of such finesse and flavour that it was hard to believe you could get from such a simple dish. Then began the teppanyaki with our chef who first prepared king crab legs so perfectly cooked and tender and accompanied by something akin to a lobster bisque as to justify being named the dish of the evening. This was followed by an A5 grade wagyu sirloin again cooked to perfection. The penultimate dish was a choice of fried rice (reportedly very good) or cold soba noodles in miso which was the only dish I did not particularly like. Dessert was a choice of 5 different dishes. We each had one and all we excellent. An excellent wine list compliments this superb restaurant which I cannot wait to visit again. Simply brilliant!

“Our best meal in Tokyo ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived in Ukaitei for lunch with our three kids after a morning of shopping, very casually dressed.
The restaurant has a very luxurious and formal setting but at no time did the staff make us feel we where not properly dressed. We where showed to our private dining room where we had the best meal of our stay in Tokyo. The staff is very professional and really making sure your meal experience is the best. For desert we where showed to another dining room with a great dessert tray of French pastries.
Of course all this doesn't come cheap but it's worth every Yen you will pay.

Tokyo, Japan
“Could be better..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The beef is super excellent. The Chef is great, paying attention to details and still found the time to chat with me.

But the staff...hmm, could have been better. They are simply arrogant and discriminative.

I've eaten in many high quality food restaurants, including Michelin standards, Ginza Ukai-tei is great but could be better. For example they offer a special cake buffet during the Summer and I briefly mentioned that the cakes are warm due to the hot temperature out there. please keep them chilled.

But the next time, I visited, the cakes were the same, warm and melted.....

• Visited July 2013