“Great service, great accomodations, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Park Hotel

You added Royal Park Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-1-1 Nihombashi Kakigaracho, Chuo, Tokyo Prefecture 103-8520, Japan   |
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Santa Barbara, California
“Great service, great accomodations, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff is friendly, extremely helpful, and communication is easy. The room I stayed in was well appointed, comfortable, and had all necessary amenities. Best of all, access from and to Narita was simple and quick, and getting around the city was also easy from here. I've stayed elsewhere in Tokyo on my many previous trips, but I'll be coming back here from now on.

Room Tip: I'd spring for an executive floor room. The lounge alone is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, UK/Detroit, MI, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Park hotel whilst on a business trip because it was close to my office. Needless to say, its proximity was not worth it. The property should be avoided.

Above all, the worst thing about this hotel is the air conditioning (if you can even call it that). I had it set to the lowest possible temperature and it was still hot - there is no way to control the fan's speed as well. If there was such a thing as an "extra low" setting, this was the unit was set to. I couldn't sleep at night and they didn't even have a fan to give me. Furthermore, the window doesn't open (not that this would help much). This can be unbearable in the heat of Tokyo's summer (33+).

There were other issues as well. I was booked into a room with a double bed and they tried to tell me that I actually booked a room with two single beds. I had to argue with the front desk staff and have my travel company call them (because I didn't have a confirmation printed out, which they insisted I provide them).

Eventually, I decided to switch hotels. I told them I was checking out early and, again, they put up a fuss by saying that I couldn't! I told them my rate allowed me to do so and, after getting into a lengthy discussion with the manager, I was finally allowed to leave. I moved to the ANA Intercontinental, which is a FAR better property and even had a lower corporate rate (at that point, I didn't care that I would have a 27 min commute to my office).

Some other thoughts:

Location - It is easily accessible via an attached metro station and a bus terminal with direct links to Narita. There isn't much else in the area except for a few restaurants, many of which are closed on the weekends, and mini-marts. There is a Starbucks about 10 min walk away. There are great areas of Tokyo, but this one doesn't showcase the city well.

Service - Per my above complaints, I wasn't that impressed with the service. The staff's English was okay to poor.

Food - I ordered room service once. It wasn't good and I never tried it again.

Rooms / property - They are small and clean. What you would expect from a 3 star hotel. Oddly enough, your key into the room is a skelton key. It may sound quaint, but I found it annoying to carry around. In general, the best way to describe the property is that it looks like something out of the early 90s.

Other points - The Internet is free (wireless and wired) and works well.

I am sure you won't be surprised that I won't stay at this hotel again. Tokyo is a great place, with many different properties to stay at. I don't see any reason why this one should be considered. I travel a lot for business and I can't understand why there are so many good reviews.

T
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Executive Floors of this hotel right up the elevator from the Suitengu metro station, on the Hanzomon Line, make this a great place to relax in the bustle of Tokyo. Rooms on floors 16 to 19 have full amenities, but the best parts are the free self-service cocktail hour from 6 to 8, with an assortment of light nibbles, and the full made-to-order breakfast on the 20th floor. The breakfast is far better than the average buffet and the chef will make you an omelette to order. It is a great way to start the day whether you are sightseeing or on business. This is not the best hotel in town, but it is certainly one of the best values for the price.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more expensive, but the extras make them worthwhile.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian, Michigan
1,307 reviews 1,307 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Royal Park five or six times as it is close to the office where I do business in Tokyo. I used to stay here as a rule but the price became a little too high when the US dollar bottomed out against the Japanese yen. Now that it has recovered substantially, I am once again in a position to stay here a little more often. The location is terrific as it right next door to TCAT, a common destination for buses from Narita (about 50 - 60 minutes) and Haneda (about 20 - 25 minutes). It also allows access to the Suitengumae Metro station directly from the lower level of the hotel. For the price you pay, the accommodations are quite good, the service is excellent and the breakfast buffet is top notch. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The facilities are a bit on the older side but they are very well kept. The staff are extremely polite and efficient. Use of English is never a problem. The concierge is always helpful when you need directions on somewhere to go or how to get about on the train or subway. That was reinforced on my recent stay as the advice I received was quite useful. The price is still a little high but it is very reasonable when considering prices in general in Tokyo. I certainly feel I get a good value for what I pay. If Nihonbashi is a convenient place to stay for your visit, this is a great choice.

Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It was my first trip to Japan in December 2012, i was fed with loads of information from my friends and colleagues about Japan.....and nothing was true. For me this was a heavenly place.

About Hotel..

To start off, the hotel was very good..spacious...and perfectly located. The airport bus terminus was located in the adjacent building complex and and metros stations within 250 meters from the hotel. The service was fantastic, reminded me of Taj quality of service. The sleep quality, the upkeep...was exceptional. Highly recommended place. However from cost point view, Japan is very expensive, because of their weak currency!!!

About Tokyo...

Distance from Airport to hotel via airport shuttle bus( Which is frequently available outside airport terminus, for which the ticket needs to be collected near the exit gates) was about 45 mins.

Though Tokyo was more a commercial district, the strange thing that i noticed was, it was a young crowd all over, old people were usually found near temples.

Coming to Metro, one thing that every visitor needs to experience, the metro during peak hours. There is a dedicated guard with white gloves on, just to stuff people in. Be ready to be completely sandwiched!!!!!

would highly recommend this hotel and Japan to any traveller who is looking towards eastern part of the globe.

When in Japan, you need to try the Shinkansen or the Bullet train...The routes that we tries was Tokyo to Osaka and Hiroshima...Amazing feeling....a life time experience..

Room Tip: November and December is the time to visit Japan, hotel is very crowded, However, it would be cold...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tdot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Ok so it's not super modern sleek and a little old school but it has great service, breakfast included, pool and gym ( currently under renovation) and is close to the metro. The rooms can be tiny so if you can splurge for a larger room, do it. We didn't know so we had two twin beds. Also, there are English speakers here, always a plus in my book.
It's also very clean....huge for me. I will never stay in a dirty hotel. Other options exist but this is too bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Royal Park is a proper high end hotel, there's not too much to say except that is ticks all boxes: great location (near the City Air Terminal and directly above an underground station), modern and clean rooms, friendly staff, great dining and rooftop bar. It's not an economy hotel, you pay for all these and you definitely get the value for the money.
I have to add one special note though, for the breakfast. You really have a lot of choices here, and all is prime quality! Vegetarian or non-vegetarian, you can sure have a breakfast with a vengeance and then some, in the form of countless deserts, fruit choices and juices. I went for the scrambled eggs which the chef makes in front of you from fresh eggs - and I still think of them sometimes and get in the mood for scrambled eggs!
Royal Park is a nice taster of Tokyo and by its location it will help you to an easy accommodation with the city, especially if it's your first time. I can only recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!