“Comfortable and Convenient Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royal Park Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-1-1 Nihombashi Kakigaracho, Chuo, Tokyo Prefecture 103-8520, Japan   |
Ranked #6 of 78 hotels in Chuo
Vero Beach, Florida
“Comfortable and Convenient Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This comfortable business hotel is located right next door to the Tokyo City Air Terminal (really a bus terminal). This location means you can grab a bus to the airport, a decent meal or cup of coffee without walking far. Since my time is Tokyo is work-oriented, I like the convenience this offers.

The hotel and staff are excellent. Always helpful. The rooms are fine and functional, as is the WiFi in the rooms. The subway is also conveniently close. I'll be staying there again.

610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Japan isn't cheap, but by Japanese standards this hotel is very good value for money. The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff is the most outstanding feature of the hotel. Rooms are comfortable, with all the facilities you need - and the air-conditioning works quietly and efficiently, unlike many other hotels. It is very conveniently located - just across the street from the air terminal with buses to/from Narita airport every 10 minutes. It also has direct access to the metro station without having to go outside.

Room Tip: Guest floors start at level 6. Rooms increase in price as you go higher, but unless you want to sit...
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at the Royal Park Hotel on what was our first visit to Tokyo. The hotel has convenient access to transport with direct links to the Tokyo subway network and also the T-CAT station for access to airports. That was good but for us the hotel facilities and staff were what made this most enjoyable and memorable (the best hotel we stayed in our four weeks in Japan - having said that it was also the most expensive we stayed in). We stayed for five nights and booked a room on the executive floor so had complimentary access to the executive lounge as well as the pool and gym which were very good. Our room was quite spacious and had everything we needed; the breakfasts were great with a good range of high quality items available at the buffet. We felt at home at the hotel quite quickly and certainly will stay again if we get back to Tokyo (and the budget allows). We have no hesititation in recommending the hotel to others.

Room Tip: get a room on the executive floor if the budget allows it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located to the TCAT station and connected to the Suitengumae subway station. The room is on the smaller side compared to what you will find in most US hotels. The design of the rooms are a bit on the dull side but perfectly functional and clean.

The staff provides great service. Checking-in and out is quick and swift. There is a safe in the room. They have finally switched their shampoo, soap, shower gel to something more skin and hair friendly.

The breakfast is great with a wide variety of western and Japanese dishes but make sure you book your room with breakfast or it will get expensive.

• Stayed March 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'm not sure what it is about Japanese hotels? This was my first time at this hotel and was selected because it's right next door to TCAT, the Tokyo City Airport Terminal. But notwithstanding this proximity, it wasn't as straightforward as one might expect to find the hotel. Signage is sparse and they direct you out onto the street with an arrow to turn right. Once I was out there and turned right, I came to the road but still no idea where the hotel was?

As it turned out, I crossed the road and after walking up and down for a few minutes, I saw the entrance to what looked like a hotel. As i approached, I asked the doorman there if this was the Royal Park Hotel and he pointed to his cap with the hotel name on it.

Why is it that the hotels I've been staying in in Tokyo seem so old and in need of refurbishment? Am I not looking in the right places?

I have no issue with the srvice, as with every place in Japan, even YHA's, minchuku's and ryokans, the service is always excellent! It's just the hotel rooms and decor that feel as if they're from a bygone era.

They are fairly pricey too but of course, this is comparative and i'm comparing it to my last hotel in Seoul so perhaps that's an unfair comparison.

When checking in, they asked if I'd like an upgraded room for an extra 6000JPY and while I was tryign to recall how much that was, I was so tired after travelling there, I accepted this.

Getting to my room, it had a couple of single beds but veyr basic furniture and little space to place my suitcase but this was the same in my previous hotel in Tokyo a couple of months before.

My photos will describe it better but basically, the design of the room was dated and there wasn't a lot of room, even if only for a three night stay.

Breakfast was fine and the restaurant had a wide range of choices and was attractively laid out. I particularly enjoyed the grapefruit juice there and the bacon was thin and crispy.

The door key was a big heavy brass key with the room number on it which in many othrer hotels, would be frowned upon as beign perceivedto be a security risk if you lost the key but I guess because they're so honest in Japan, a sense of style overcame this!

The lounge on the 24th floor was OK but the tables were so close together that you could easily read the newspaper of tgeh guest sitting next to you!

The staff there were friendly and helpful though as is typical of the Japanese. There are a couple of PC's next to the reception desk in the lounge and I used this to print out a document but hten had to go to the ground floor to have it scanned following signing it. Why don;t theyhave a scanner in the lounge? Good question.

So maybe this hotel is pretty good for Tokyo but could definitely do with a spruce up!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Royal Park Hotel is within a quiet two minute stroll from T-CAT station which is served by Narita Limousine bus service ( http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/ ) The staff were very friendly and helpful and always willing to assist.

We booked an executive floor room with executive lounge access. The lounge facilities were adequate with coffee, tea assorted biscuits and pastries. Our "non-smoking" room did smell of cigarette smoke on the first few nights(I am an ex smoker and have finely tuned nostrils!)and luckily the smell disappeared when we became accustomed to it?

The room 1650 was a little bit worn with tea or coffee stains on the light shade, curtains and celling. No obvious air extraction from the bathroom along with staining of bathroom tiles from dampness. If the room was updated or given 1 days worth of TLC by RPH it would be fantastic.
Cleaning and general tidying by the hotel staff was very good.

Executive breakfast on floor 20 was a failure in my eyes. The variety of food was minimal compared to the wide range of food on ground level. The area was quite small and became crowded,I felt as if I were fighting and rushed to fill my plate. We only spent one morning eating breakfast there.

There were a few restaurants on-site and they were VERY pricey, the exception to this rule was the restaurant on the ground floor (where you eat breakfast).

Direct access to the hotel can be via Tokyo Metro station "Suitengumae" exit 4 which is located in the Chuo Ward of Tokyo and is served by the Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line. The location is perfect for access to the whole of Tokyo, just buy the metro 1 or 2 day pass and go explore! The area near the hotel felt safe and we happily walked along the river bank late at night.

When I next visit Tokyo I will happily stay at this hotel again. I have high expectations and this hotel came close. It may not be in the heart of Tokyo or a big name brand but it does make up for it in service and a quiet relaxed location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

As many others have said, this hotel is well located - next to the airport bus terminal, above a subway stop, near convenience stores and affordable restaurants. We started with convenience stores, moved up to the little market about a block to the right, then ventured into small restaurants with pictures in the window. We had such a good time exploring the neighborhood. Each morning, we ate at Jonathan's (turn right, go the the 1st major intersection, look left.) It's Tokyo's answer to Denny's. Then we'd catch the metro right outside the restaurant with day passes that we bought at the front desk. At the end of the day, we came back to a friendly hotel, a quiet room and a nice hot shower. Royal Park Hotel gets high marks all around.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!