“Works well for me” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Kyobashi

You added Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Kyobashi to your Saves list
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Kyobashi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-11-1 Kyobashi, Chuo 104-0031, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Hong Kong
“Works well for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been there a few times. I have strong preference to stay close to JR station whenever I travel to Japan and as a solo traveler, I don't need a luxury place (but I like clean and new room). This place works for me.

Location is a little quirky ...not exactly close to Tokyo station, but within an easy walk(without heavy luggage). Not exactly in Ginza, but it's just a few minutes walks away from it... You can say it is in the middle of nowhere but you can as well think it's very convenient with easy access to Tokyo JR station and Ginza. But it is certainly not a place there you can find lots of attractive shops and restaurant right around the hotel.

Rooms are rather small, but that's the norm given that it's in Tokyo so it' not fair to complain their rooms being too small because rooms in other hotels are small as well. The room was clean and new, and has all the stuffs you need.

Despite the website says WiFi is only available in the lobby, last time I was there(Feb 2013), I was able to use WiFi in the room, I recalled I couldn't use WiFi during my stay in Nov 2012. They do provide wired internet to each room so if your computer doesn't have a LAN port, bring a travel router.

Service is okay, they are always polite, although sometimes the practices is a bit stupid or stubborn... I first book a stay and then extended it with another separated booking... they asked me to check out and re-check-in. Even I later managed to get the same room for the entire stay, I still have to check out early in the morning and re-check-in (I was having a trip outside Tokyo that day).

You can get free coffee from the coffee machine in the evening (and at night) but not in the morning. There are lots of freebies to try... from different kind of tea to bathing salts.

Customer booking with their own website are entitled to get some cash backs.

Their website in Japanese has a lot more promotion discounts (like 3 consecutive stay, early birds etc... the Japanese version has more variety of promotion packages ... so if you can manage to book via the Japanese version of the website, you might get better (sometimes much better) deals.

I will definitely consider to stay here yet again next time I go to Tokyo. Overall I give it 5 stars not because it is perfect but because it offers a decent package at a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wilfredwong

Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Not exactly the closest to the Tokyo Station, but good enough. Around 15-20min leisure walk from the station. Thing I noticed about the surrounding office buildings, they have no canopies or covered areas to stay temporarily when it's raining, which it was when we arrived in Tokyo. Good things it wasn't that hard or we would end up very soaking wet once we get to the hotel. The rooms we got were small (no surprise when you're in Japan), but they were clean. The room my kids got was quite big for 3 persons, but we had to pay extra for it. But the room that my wife and I got was really cold at night, even if you turn off the airconditioning. There's the usual cable TV (in japanese mostly) and wifi, but no coffee/tea. You have to get your fill in the reception area, which is only open between 2-11pm I think. The hotel is in an area surrounded by small sushi bars and convenience stores, which was good. If I have to nitpick, it's that the front desk staff during our check-in and check-out hardly understood or spoke English. So it was little bit of a hassle. Still, overall, the hotel satisfied our very simple expectations, which was really leave the hotel at 8pm and come back at 10pm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We arrived at Tokyo station via the N'EX train late at night and it was raining so we just took a taxi to the hotel. The ride was quick and only cost 980 yen.. just make sure you have the hotel info printed out in Japanese to give to the driver, we need found a taxi driver that spoke any English.

The hotel lobby is on the 2nd floor and it is small but efficient and the front desk staff was very friendly and they knew enough English to answer most of my questions. The vending machines and laundry machines are in a room on the same floor at the lobby. We used the laundry machines, the washer is fine 300 yen and takes 30 mins to wash. The dryer is VERY slow, it took over 90 mins to dry some t shirts, light cotton pants ect.. my jeans were still slightly damp. It was nice to have these facilities available but just make sure allow enough time.

We booked a triple room with 3 single beds, the room was clean and small. There is minimal room for extra luggage in the triple room, we had 2 rollerboard bags and things were tight but most Japanese rooms are small in size.

I loved the bathroom even though it was small also, the toilet is great, it has all the bells and whistles on it... don't be afraid... give it a try before you get in shower! The shower was clean and had plenty of hot water and great pressure . There was shampoo, conditioner and body wash in large pump bottles.

Hotel offers free wifi with good speeds! They even have a universal phone charger in the room... works for iPhone also.

I would stay here on my next trip to Tokyo!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travel23
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Book double non-smoking room 3-months before stay, and get discounted price. The room is small, but it is OK for me since I dont bring many stuffs. However, if you bring 2 big luggages, the room will be full. Check-in staff is happy to store your luggage before check-in and/or after check-out. Get room facing the street in the highest floor (12th), which is good. No flaw in the room, all equipment working properly. Bathroom is nice. Coffee sachet, tea sachet, sugar, bath salt, bath sponge is available in the lobby floor that you can grab as many as you dont feel shame. However, coffee machine in lobby floor is working only from 3PM to midnight.

Location is good, walking distance to Ginza. 5 minutes walks from JR Tokyo- Yaesu Central exit. The nearest metro station is Kyobashi and Takaracho. You can go anywhere around Tokyo from this hotel. Convenience store is not far from the hotel, so you dont need to worry about food and buying some stuff.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the street in front, and not facing the adjacent building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bud14rto
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very small. Most hotels in Tokyo have small rooms (we stayed at 3 different during 10 days) but this one was definitely way too small for 2.
But the most annoying fact was the cold wind in the room - we both got a cold since the room door is on an outside floor and is not good isolated. So you get cold air right to your bed and in addition you can clearly hear everything that happens on the floor (+rain)
Service was Japan - like very friendly and you get nice amenities. But not at all worth the price!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during my first arrival in Tokyo. The hotel staffs can speak average English enough for communication. They are very helpful and well behaved. During initial check in they provide free soap and other things to ladies and men can pickup required items from the front desk.
Pro:
1. Very close to Toyocho metro station on Tozai line
2. Free wi-fi
3. The restaurant at the basement has English speaking waiter and they serve delicious dishes. Try shrimps and tomato risotto. There are few options available for vegetarians as well.
4. 24 hr open McDonald a step away
5. Taxi and bus stops are bet near.
6. Laundry service available
7. Good clean rooms. If you ask them not to change the linens daily, you get a bottle of water free( which is very rare in Japan
Cons:
1. Small rooms
2. Not enough space to keep luggage

• Stayed April 2013
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights in a double room. As expected, the room was quite small but well organized so we didn't mind too much. The amenities are fantastic. Fresh robe, toothbrush and toothpaste, ravor, soaps, etc. every day if used. Great shower and very modern appliances all around. The laundry room in the lobby was very easy to use and worked well. The only issues we had were that our wifi only worked in one corner of the room (we were at the far edge of the hotel which probably caused this) and that there is no safe in the room. A quick note on the location - it is IDEAL - between Kyobashi and Takarucho metro stations so you can quickly get anywhere in the city, easy to find even at night, and great selection of restaurants and attractions within walking distance.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and never had an issue with noise. The elevators can be a bit slow so may...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chuo
Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo
Hotel Monterey Ginza
Hotel Monterey Ginza
#21 of 83 in Chuo
4.0 of 5 stars 665 reviews

Been to Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Kyobashi? Share your experiences!