“YUMMYYYYY sushi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushizanmai Bekkan

Sushizanmai Bekkan
4-10-6 Tsukiji, Chuo 104-0045, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)
+81 3-5148-3737
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
“YUMMYYYYY sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I cannot stress enough how much I LOVED all the sushizanmais I went to...always the freshest produce put together beautifully to give the clients the best sushi... if I could go back there right now i wouldnt think twice...i could even be naughty and say I want to go back to tokyo just to go to sushizanmai haha ..the best!!!

• Visited January 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Great evening with kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The restaurant is a bit difficult to find in the middle of the Tsukjii market but well worth searching out.

The food was excellent. We had the tuna plate (different cuts of tuna which taste really different), mixed sashimi and lots of 'a la carte' sushi including red snapper which was still flapping on the counter. You don't get fish any fresher!

Staff were really friendly and fawned on our nephew and niece who enjoyed watching everything, taking photos with the staff and, not least, eating the cooked prawns and salmon.

Some of the staff spoke some English and the menu also had English translations which made things much easier.

The cost for 4 very hungry and thirsty adults and 2 children was about 30000 Yen (300 USD) which I felt was very reasonable for the quality and quantities that we we had.

We sat upstairs which didn't have quite as much atmosphere as downstairs but was a bit quieter for the children. The restaurant is smoking throughout but didn't have a smokey feel, upstairs, at least.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manila, Philippines
“Fresh Sushi, Great Find among the many restaurants in Tsukiji Market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am not an avid fan of sushi, and I'd rather have my seafood cooked rather than raw. But surprisingly, I enjoyed the food in Sushizanmai. All their sushi tasted so fresh, and even if it was a little pricey (for me at least) I can say that it was worth every yen. I especially loved the Salmon Roe Sushi, which had a mild salty taste and was very delicious. I also enjoyed eating the boiled shrimp and eel. Definitely a must try!

Another thing I loved about this place was its cozy atmosphere, clean restrooms and the chef were very entertaining and was always "game" for their photos to be taken.

• Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“No Frills Sushi - Great Flavor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really liked the sushi flavor here. It is not a fancy place, very casual, kind of fast food feel to it. But all is fresh and the quality of the seafood is top notch. Even I can say the fish tastes better here than in some really fancy sushi places where maybe the preparation is the star. Here the ingredients are the star more than the sushi masters. I will return next time!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Fresh sushi in a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Went to Tsukiji fish market around 5am as we were a bit jet lagged. Walked by sushizanmai around 7am and it was packed. As we entered the chefs loudly greet you and we were seated at the sushi bar. We love sushi but had not been overly impressed with the sushi we had in Tokyo our first day. This was our second day and we were treated to the freshest fish with large cuts of meat on a modest bed of rice. We ate so much sushi we were shocked when we walked out over an hour later to a bill of just under $40 or a bit over 3000 yen. This sushi bar is just north of the fish market in an alley of vendors. Fun.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Sushizanmai Bekkan? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sushizanmai Bekkan, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.