“Fresh Sushi, Great Find among the many restaurants in Tsukiji Market” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sushizanmai Bekkan

Sushizanmai Bekkan
4-10-6 Tsukiji, Chuo 104-0045, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)
+81 3-5148-3737
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Manila, Philippines
“Fresh Sushi, Great Find among the many restaurants in Tsukiji Market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am not an avid fan of sushi, and I'd rather have my seafood cooked rather than raw. But surprisingly, I enjoyed the food in Sushizanmai. All their sushi tasted so fresh, and even if it was a little pricey (for me at least) I can say that it was worth every yen. I especially loved the Salmon Roe Sushi, which had a mild salty taste and was very delicious. I also enjoyed eating the boiled shrimp and eel. Definitely a must try!

Another thing I loved about this place was its cozy atmosphere, clean restrooms and the chef were very entertaining and was always "game" for their photos to be taken.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas
“No Frills Sushi - Great Flavor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really liked the sushi flavor here. It is not a fancy place, very casual, kind of fast food feel to it. But all is fresh and the quality of the seafood is top notch. Even I can say the fish tastes better here than in some really fancy sushi places where maybe the preparation is the star. Here the ingredients are the star more than the sushi masters. I will return next time!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Fresh sushi in a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Went to Tsukiji fish market around 5am as we were a bit jet lagged. Walked by sushizanmai around 7am and it was packed. As we entered the chefs loudly greet you and we were seated at the sushi bar. We love sushi but had not been overly impressed with the sushi we had in Tokyo our first day. This was our second day and we were treated to the freshest fish with large cuts of meat on a modest bed of rice. We ate so much sushi we were shocked when we walked out over an hour later to a bill of just under $40 or a bit over 3000 yen. This sushi bar is just north of the fish market in an alley of vendors. Fun.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Graffignana, Italia
“Uhmmmm...fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

First approach with sushi in Tokyo...well, the kayten works fine and fast, the cooks make up instantly what you want (from a menu selection though), but I feel so and so. Expected some more, even if the fish is fresh and good enough. It's a matter of art and cookery that left me baffled...nothing special or different from what I'm used to get to the West.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Suchi with reasonable cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at Tsukiji for 4 days and found that I went to the restaurant 3 times !

Though Sushidai and Yamato-sushi offers great quality, I wanna say that Sushi-zanmai should be most enjoyable place with flexible menu and reasonable price. Sushi is really nice and you don't need to line a que when you go late night (open 24 hours). Aburi sushi set was fantastic and miso soup was very tasty.

Sushi-zanmai is famous chain restaurant in Japan but many japanese found that the taste of main branch is far beyond others.

• Visited May 2012