“As fresh as it can get!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yamazaki

Yamazaki
5-2-1 Tsukiji | Tsukiji Market Building 6, Chuo, Tokyo Prefecture 104-0045, Japan
+81 3-3541-1105
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 4,943 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Sushi
Singapore, Singapore
“As fresh as it can get!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Visiting Tsukiji Market, sushi was a must. No way could I get my husband to stand in 2-3 hour long queue for the more popular outlets. Hence, I settled on Yamazaki after reading reviews on TA and did not regret. The wait was 45 minutes and the aunty in the restaurant was kind enough to ply us waiting people with hot green tea on the rainy morning. I cannot compare with other sushi outlets in the area, but this was definitely the freshest sushi I have had in Japan as well as Singapore. It was fun watching the chef prepare sushi in front of us. Sea urchin & sweet prawn were my favourite ones, whereas my husband loved the salmon roe & clam.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Adelaide, Australia
“Diarrhoea inducing fare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Sorry to pop the run of positives but having tried Daiwa Sushi multiple times in the past, I decided that since the reviews were great 2 doors down at Yamazaki minus any queue at all, and the possibility that the source of fish would be identical to Daiwa and Sushi Dai or even Sukiyabashi Jiro, thought of giving this establishment a try yesterday.
Firstly, I noticed that the Otoro (Fatty tuna) and Meguro (Tuna) were already pre-sliced but portions were smaller (with a similar price) than Sushi Daiwa. Taste-wise, I find that the Sushi at Daiwa were abit better - not sure if it was the preparation method or the rice preparations - but I found this was discernible.

What annoyed me was that both me and my dining partner had diarrhea after that. As seasoned sushi eaters, this is quite annoying. I have decided that for the price and experience, I would rather spend the 1 hour queuing up at Daiwa or just heading to any other places in the outer market.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Very nice sushi?same quality with other sushi restrauant neiberhoud and without a lot of people waiting. Suggested.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful sushi in Tsukiji market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This is located between two very popular sushi restaurants with long queues in the heart of the Tsukiji fish market. However I would agree with the other reviews that I can't see how you could improve on the quality of this quieter sushi bar. The freshest fish and friendly staff, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent sushi but not value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Food: Sushi v fresh as per other reviews. However not really worth the premium compared to other non-Tsukiji locations in Tokyo. Take the omakase set. The chirashi set is not really worth it as it does not give you o-toro. 8/10

Location: NOTE THAT TRIPADVISOR GPS MAP LOCATION IS WRONG (address is correct). It is on same row as SushiDai in Tsukiji market.

• Visited September 2013