We chose this hotel based on TA reviews. Hopefully, this review would help others make an informed decision :)
Ryumeikan is the best Tokyo hotel we have stayed so far over 2 Japan trips. It is not the most expensive (Prince Park Tower was twice the room rate), but it gave us the best experience, by far.
A bit of background: we stayed at Ryumeikan on the final day of our 2-week Japan trip. It was our "chill and relax" stop before the flight home the next day. We have always treated Japanese hotels as rooms to sleep in at night, rather than rooms where we can enjoy ourselves during the day. Ryumeikan so totally changed that perception.
- Modern, boutique hotel décor consistently applied in rooms and common areas.
- Lounge at the top floor has a nice view of the area with complimentary tea to enjoy.
- FORUS system. It is one of those new-fangled room environment control system that integrates lighting, music, vibrating bed...(you get the idea :) It is definitely worth a try!
- In-room Nespresso coffee machine. For coffee lovers like us, this is a godsend. Miles better than those you get in Lawsons and vending machines.
- Room is new, cosy and extremely comfortable. Designer is a genius who balanced functionality and form perfectly. We want to stay in there all day!
- High-end Toto Neorest toilet. Using it is a joy in itself.
- Location: within short walking distance from Tokyo station. Get out at Yaesu North exit, cross the big street in front of you and turn left. Look out for the Keisei bus stop (there will be queues) and the Victorian Pub.
- Keisei bus. This must be the cheapest way in and out of Narita. Forget NEX and other options. For 900 yen per trip, this saves you a lot of yen and best of all, Ryumeikan is right behind the bus stop. No more worries about lugging heavy bags up train escalators.
- Our room had no view and stared right into a wall. Does not take away from the experience though ‘cos we just went up to the wonderful lounge at the top floor when we want to get a view.
This is really a nice "stopover" hotel. You can do all your shopping in Daimaru, all 7-storeys of it, just across the street.
Do have a meal at the Victorian Pub. We ordered the beef steak. Never ate so much meat in Japan :)
Stay more than a night here. We are still kicking ourselves for staying only 1 night.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo Japan
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.