“Good location and good staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

You added Khaosan Tokyo Ninja to your Saves list
Khaosan Tokyo Ninja
2.0 of 5 Japanese Guest House   |   2-5-1 Nihonbashi Bakurocho, Chuo 103-0002, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Specialty lodging in Chuo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madrid, Spain
“Good location and good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've stayed 4 nights in Khaosan Tokyo Ninja. The hostel is very good located in Asakusabashi, near to Akihabara.

1 night in a capsule dorm: The capsules are big, and you can use them as a big locker since they have a lock in the door.The mattress in capsules are very thing, not very comfortable.

3 nights in a private room with shared bathroom: The room was small but big enough for sleeping.

There are 2 toilets and shower rooms shared for each floor. Everything is very clean, and good for use. Staff was very helpful and nice to us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very welcoming and nice staff. This place really feels like home! I had the best time ever there!! It was also really clean and well located. You can easily go to the subway or train station and it takes you everywhere you want! Many restaurants, convenience stores and even grocery store nearby. This place has everything you want and more! Be sure to give it a try on your trip to Tokyo!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for five days. I enjoyed it! I could walk around the business centre during the night and I could see the hectic city. Many convenience stores near here and in the morning I could see morning activities in Tokyo. Really like the service too. They have so many informations for guest if they really need eg. Shopping places, cultural events, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed my first two nights in Tokyo and Japan here. On the way to Town from Narita Airport I discovered that you were supposed to call them if you arrived later than 9 PM. At the time I read this it was 9.05 PM. I called but no answer. I imagined myself roaming the city at random looking for a place to stay or sleeping under a bridge. But at the hotel the gave me a warm welcome. Check-in was possible although they closed the cash register at 9 PM (I paid next morning).

I atyed in a huge but spacious dorm with about 20 beds. They were "capsule"-style with a lockable wooden screen you could either leave open or Close at nite and behind which you could safely leave your luggage daytime when out and about. There was also a small "window" for ventilation.

These spacious capsules and the very nice common room is the reason for me giving 5 pts and not obkly 4 to this hostel. It's also very Close to public transport and convenience stores.

Now I'm in my 3 rd week in Japan but still no hostel has proved better than this even though hostel standard is very good in Japan, especially the hostels of the Khaosan Group.

Room Tip: Go for the cubicles!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ok, well a two day sale happened with my local airline and i snagged up really cheap flights, asked the boss for a week off and flew to Japan the next day!

It's the first time in my life I've done spontaneous travel and once i arrived in Japan i noticed i left my bank card and any money i had at home..

I managed to get to the Tokyo Ninja evading train fairs and worrying to the highest extent.

I told them i've got no money to pay for my stay.. they looked at me, smiled and said they trusted me, they took my passport and i gave them the money two days later.

Each and every day the staff were including me on adventures they were taking in the day, we went out to a school fair and out to the fish markerts, and ever out for a night in Rapongi!

I felt warm and welcome my entire visit and stay in touch with the wonderful people i've met from there on Facebook a year down the track, i'll stay here each and every time i visit Japan, it's given me some of the best memories, and i know it's going to give me so much more.

The rooms are nice and clean, you feel safe and it's nice and quiet. Linen is fresh and the bathrooms are roomy.

The kitchen is massive and the lounging area is homey and very comfortable.

They have a drink vending machine which dispenses beer and various other drinks and they've also go Pachinko machines which allow you learn the game for free rather then blowing away all your money at the parlors!

Each day i'd walk into Akihabara and do my shopping / exploring, some days i'd ride my bike.

It's close to EVERYTHING! This includes train stations, taxis and much more.

There's free wifi and a lan cafe so you can jump online!

You'd be silly not to come here, they're amazing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
sumbawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I was staying on april 2013 in cabin bed. The problem is the toilet and the shower room is very near with the bed. Some guest took shower and use hair dryer in the middle of the night. Super annoying. I can't complaint since i'm staying at dormitory. That's the risk that i have to take.
By the next day i checked out the hostel. immediately. Have to find another another hostel.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. value for money. helpful and friendly staff. Easy access to jr bakurocho station and asakusabashi station. I stay at 5th floor with no lift, have to carry my heavy luggage to 5th floor. Other than that everything is fine.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Khaosan Tokyo Ninja? Share your experiences!