“Bar none, the best sushi I've ever eaten.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
White Rock, Canada
“Bar none, the best sushi I've ever eaten.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have never had sushi so fresh that it melted in my mouth. The best sea urchin, salt water eel, squid and salmon roe I've ever tasted. Drinking rich saki while we watched Mr. Mizutani prepare our meal was an wonderful experience unlike anything I've had. The only thing preventing it from being a perfect meal was the language barrier. We lacked the conversation with the craftsman that would have made it a perfect experience. If you are in Tokyo and can get a reservation, take a friend who can translate for you.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City
“Too pricy for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Set in a nondescript building in Ginza, this small sushi counter is much lauded. I stopped in for lunch, expecting a US$150 omakase. I was asked whether I wanted sushi, sashimi or both. In the end, my choice for both the sushi and sashimi came with nearly a $300 check, making lunch ridiculously expensive. I was stunned that six to eight pieces of sashimi doubled the cost of lunch. Having said all that, the fish was great, the chef took pride in his craft and the experience was interesting. However, I was not blown away by the sushi quality, although the rice was well seasoned. Not being able to pay the exaggerated bill with a credit card was a nuisance. All in all, this place is not all it’s purported to be. The sushi is great but nothing to write home about. The interior is sparse but far from elegant. If you are curious and want to splurge, try this place. Otherwise, many good sushi places abound in Tokyo and are just as if not more tasty and much more affordable.

Visited August 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“This is sushi restaurant 3 Michelin star in Tokyo , sorry you are not my type !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

i would like to sharing the experienced for this restaurant at lunch time , as you would be known that all about basic info of another reviews

So , I just want you to know all about I faced , this restaurant strictly don't allow guest to take a picture even my own sushi plate which I can't do that too !!!

I m very well understood this regulation but if they not allow me to take a picture restaurant of decoration that ok !!!

But this is my plate which i paid by my own money and and plate very simple topped by only ginger preserved , sushi will put on the plate time by time ,I m frankly speaking the taste just fine comparing to a very high price , can say that too over price

I just want to share and show off my picture via Instagram and Facebook to all my friends , it's should be good for their business as I promoted a restaurant for free
But they don't think like that

Anyway
This is totally not value for my money at all , no surprise , no recommended, everything just fine

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cittadella, Italy
“not a 3 michelin stars restaurant !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was in this restaurant last night with my wife , what can I say , perfect fish , but for this I can go to the fish market and save a lot of money . Nothing outstanding , just a simple made sushi and sashime , but nothing surprising as it should has to be in a 3 michelin stars restaurant .... now my question is " who is giving the michelin stars in Tokyo ?? "
600 USD for a meal that after requires to visit a restaurant somewhere else to have something more to complete the dinner . The chef has to come down from the heaven where he thinks he is and to start work seriously with more passion and care.
The only positive thing of the evening was the fantastic group of people with whom we seated , one german , 2 japanise , 2 thai and an american.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Super fresh sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We managed a lunch booking thru our hotel. It was a rainy Monday in May. It was our first trip to Japan and my husband and I had read mixed reviews about Mizutani. All we can say though was it was one of our best meals in Tokyo. The sushi was really fresh and whilst my husband did not normally eat squid or anything slimy, he actually ate and liked all of it! I loved everything that was put in front of me! Chef Mizutani was actually friendly even with almost no English, and he, his sous chef and his wait staff tried to tell us what exactly they were serving by showing us photos in a book. There were no locals in the bar that day and so we were all silently chatting with one another. I don't normally eat sushi without chopsticks, soy sauce and wasabi and nor do I put the whole roll in my mouth in one go, but I tried doing these here and I enjoyed it immensely. Expensive lunch but well worth it. Oishii!!

• Visited May 2013