“Good location, view and design.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier

You added Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier to your Saves list
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-13-1 Ginza, Chuo 104-0061, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Birmingham, AL
“Good location, view and design.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'm writing this review while sitting on my double bed gazing out at the Tokyo evening skyline. Why am I not sitting at my desk, you might ask. Well, because my room is too small for a desk. But I digress.

I really like this hotel. The staff is very friendly and delightful. My room is quite small, but I've seen another room that is large enough to have a bed and a desk. Lucky guests. Even though my room is small, with very limited storage, it is well designed. The large shower enclosure also includes a tub and it has a nifty glass pane looking onto the bed that becomes opaque at the push of a button. The room window is large and has a good view of the city. I think the view overlooking Ginza might be better than the view I have on the other side of the building. There are no English-speaking television stations which is a bit annoying. But the room is quiet, clean and the A/C works well. So, do I really need CNN? Plus, Denny's, Starbucks and Hooters are all within walking distance, so it's almost like being back home. Except for the menu. The free wifi works quite well. Oh, BTW, you need a room key card to access the guest floors.

The room would be a tight squeeze for two. But it's clean and comfortable with nice views in a good location. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the Ginza area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I just returned from Tokyo and staying at the Mitsui Garden hotel. This is a wonderful hotel. I actually liked everything about it. I was there for a business trip, but I would have been happy to have also been there with my wife. The room was immaculate and the view from both the room and the lobby were beautiful. The location was great, convenient to the subway for work and to Ginza and great shopping. It seemed like an amazing value, and I had breakfast included, which I enjoyed very much.

What is prompting me to write a review though is an experience when I was leaving. For the first time in my life, I forgot to empty the hotel safe when I left. I got almost to the airport when I realized it. I started looking at my phone to figure out how to call them and arrange some manner of having them mail me the items, and right then they contacted me. They told me I had left the items, and asked me what time my flight was leaving. They then got the items I had forgotten and brought them to Narita. To be clear, Narita is a fairly long way from Tokyo. This was definitely above and beyond reasonable service. They made what could have been stressful extremely easy.

Wonderful hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

... but please try to understand that hotel room space is a luxury in Tokyo!

Tokyo hotels, due to the extremely exorbitant land prices, have excruciatingly small rooms. The room I stayed in was 18 square meters large. How they managed to fit in a bath tub and a separate shower stall in the room must make you wonder.

The key is that the hotel, thanks to Japanese ingenuity, was very well designed. Lobby looks large and airy, and you can always see people around. Staff are super courteous (japanese culture) and makes you feel at home. I wish their "customers are king" attitude spreads to other countries, especially China, but I will probably never see this in my lifetime.

The rooms are NOT spacious. But good design has allowed them to squeeze in everything. Bathrooms feel good as they were able to put the sink on the corner, freeing up space for more things. What I didn't like was the twin bed, it was just too small for my liking. The funny thing is that they even sell the beds. Check out the Guest Services Folder and you can see them advertising the mattresses and other things from the room for sale.

The hotel doesn't have much facilities. No swimming pool of course, and no gym. There is a nice restaurant and also a nice bar that provides you with fantastic views of the city. Good for a nice romantic date. But comes back to my point: breakfast could do with more variety. USD35 bucks for the breakfast available sure is disappointing.

Location is great. It's a short walk to Ginza main street, and behind the hotel has lots of restaurants, convenience stalls, bars, and even the perennial lounges with mama-sans standing outside signalling of what's to come should you choose to enter and kiss you cash goodbye.

Hotel website is weird. If you pay via Agoda or via a travel agent, even at the last minute, it's actually cheaper and they have rooms available, although their own website says no. Will I stay there again? Yes, they deliver good value (compared to the prices in Tokyo) and is convenient to everywhere I need to go.

Room Tip: Remember to tell them your smoking preference.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here a couple of months back during a visit to Japan with the other (better?) half.

Location:
Excellent for access to the underground/metro, probably about 5 mins walk. This is essential if you've just made the mission from the airport with heavy bags. 10 mins away from Ginza centre (equivalent of Bond street in London) with all the big department stores and fancy designer shops and very very nice restaurants. There are also a couple of 24 hour convenience stores close by should you ever need to stock up on supplies.

Hotel:
The hotel lobby is located midway up the building and all the rooms above that. This means super views across the city both from the hotel lobby and the rooms themselves. The rooms are modern and fairly spacious (for Japan/Tokyo). Absolutely spotlessly clean with flat screen TVs and tea making facilities. The bathrooms are brilliant and the shower is genuinely epic (absolutely what's needed after a tiring day exploring Tokyo!). Of all the places we stayed in Japan, this was the best. Toiletries are replaced daily.

The service (as one would expect in Japan) is second to none. The staff are uberpolite (you may cause your back some damage with all the bowing!) and will go out of their way to help. You also get a complimentary paper left on your door every morning.

One negative:
The breakfast. It's not included in the room price and on its own is rather expensive. We had it one morning and found it a bit of a mish mash of random items of varying quality. In itself not too terrible if it had been included as part of the cost of the room, but for the additional cash, not worth it. There are plenty of cafes nearby where you can get something better for less cash.

Otherwise, an excellent hotel in a very very good location. The views across the city almost make it worth the money alone. Coupled with brilliant rooms and amazing service I'd say this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Very very highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here on a work trip to Tokyo. The hotel is at the south end of the Ginza shopping area with plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. It is in an excellent location for using Tokyo's subways and overland trains as you're within fairly easy walking distance of several stations on different lines.

The room I had was a double, but I wouldn't want to stay there as a couple as it was tiny and had hardly any storage space. It was in good condition though and extremely clean. Excellent shower and bath. Also really silent but effective air con which was very necessary in July in Tokyo!

The staff were all really friendly and happy to help and also very welcoming.

Breakfast was good (although expensive) but the options for dinner in the restaurant weren't great. The bar area was also small and not particularly relaxing. Like lots of Japanese hotels they also allow smoking in many areas and there was a constant smell of smoke around the bar area and elevators.

Overall good for the price and the location works for me so I'll probably stay there again when I'm next in Tokyo for work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Mitsui Garden is located in a business district, but close walking distance to both the Ginza shopping area and Shimbashi station (which can connect you anywhere in the city and to Shinkansen trains). There is a great strip of restaurants about 5 minutes walk from the hotel as well. Front desk staff went above and beyond to help me ship a package home to the US. Providing a box and calling the Japan Post and FedEx offices for rates. Thanks for your help Hayashi! :) Convenient airport shuttle bus stops at the hotel to take you to Narita for the same price as the Narita Express without the hassle of changing trains. I suggest this.

The rooms had a spectacular view of Tokyo and parts of Tokyo bay. Accommodations were modern and comfortable. Keep in mind this is Japan, these rooms were on the smaller side but were still 'big' in my opinion, for a Japanese hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Treviso, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My favourite hotel when I go to Tokyo.

Fantastic location with a bus stop on the way to Narita Airport and at walking distance from Shimbashi station (big hub with trains to/from Haneda, Shinkansen, Tokyo Metro) and from Ginza.

Stunning views from all rooms, the hotel is modern and with stylish minimal fitting. Rooms are tiny, you hardly move yourself in a single room, but you have such a big window on Ginza that you cannot really suffer the limited space. Ok, price is high, but what else you can expect in central Tokyo?

No question about cleanliness. Service is good, normal for Japanese standard. Even if price for food is crazy, the Italian restaurant is good for dinner and especially breakfast. The light and the atmosfere of the restaurant in the morning is so nice and the food so good and well presented that is the best start for your day in Tokyo.

No fitness center and no swimming pool, the hotel is perfect anyway.

I will definitely stay again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier? Share your experiences!