My 11 year old son and I stayed here for three nights at the end of March of 2010 and I believe we could not have gotten a better value for our stay.
The location is easy to get to from Narita, take the Kansei train to Ueno and hop on the south bound Tokyo Metro Hibiya line and get off at Hacchobori. Go out of gate A1 and look to your right as you leave the station and you will see the sign! Maybe a five minute safe walk to the front door. I really liked the neighborhood because of the good location but also because it wasn't an area that was all lighted up like the areas around the big connecting stations like Tokyo or Shibuya or Ike.
There are several very inexpensive restaurants and convenience stores within a short walk of the hotel as well as at least three Italian restaurants. We were able to eat well for $5 per person for most of our meals. We used the spa in hotel each night and walked around in the kato that the hotel provided for us.
My only knock on the place is the size of the room. I know its Tokyo and we paid less than $100 per night for a double but my god that is a small room with a small bed. I would normally volunteer to sleep on the floor in a situation like this but there was literally no space around the bed the lay down. Be aware that they mean it when they say a small room. To upgrade to a room with two twins would have been an extra $80 p/nt so we just made do.
Also just an FYI, Agoda is the booking agent that we used and they were great when we had to cancel a night on the front end of our stay because of an overbooked flight but... they are HQd in Bangkok and their customer service number requires a call to Thailand. Make sure you have your Skype account set up if you think you will need to call them.
- Also Known As:
- Dormy Inn Tokyo Hatchobori Hotel Chuo
- Dormy Inn Tokyo Hatchobori Hotel
- Dormy Hotel Tokyo Hacchobori
- Dormy Hotel Chuo
- Dormy Inn Tokyo Hatchobori Japan
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Rakuten Travel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com and JAPANiCAN so you can book your Dormy Inn Tokyo Hatchobori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.