“like any other 5 start hotel in tokyo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Peninsula Tokyo to your Saves list
The Peninsula Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-8-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda, Tokyo Prefecture 100-0006, Japan   |
Offers & Announcements
Room Upgrade and Amenity
Ranked #6 of 59 hotels in Chiyoda
Singapore, Singapore
“like any other 5 start hotel in tokyo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I dont have a lot to complain. the facilities inside was the second best I found in tokyo probably after Shang Ri la in tokyo. The only thing i didnt like about this place was that there is no lounge bar I can have a meeting in the morning (i.e., lounge is small).

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

788 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed for 1 night at the end of my Tokyo trip in a Deluxe room. Staff were polite and welcoming but a little surprised that they did not call me by my correct title when they checked me in. Was taken up to my room by a lovely gentlemen who carefully explained all the many techno gizmos in the room.

Room was well furnished, a lovely large space, comfy sofa, big flat screen TV, separate dressing room, and lavish bathroom with separate shower and small TV (albeit a tad disappointing that I could only find Japanese channels)

But it was the little extras which really made the room, more bits than any room I have ever stayed in, a traditional tea pot, headed note paper and colorful postcards, lovely bath products, an extensive amenities kit, a laundry/newspaper chute, even a peninsula cocktail stirrer!

Pool and Jacuzzi was a real highlight for me especially as the room has a great view.

Got a deal that included breakfast - chose Japanese breakfast which was delicious and beautifully presented.

Top tip - no need to pay high end mini bar prices. Just across the road is a 7-11 which is well stocked with all the snacks and beverages (including wine and beer) that a person could wish for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Short break without the kids...

Pros:
- Fantastic service
- Fantastic room
- Fantastic location (if you want to be in Ginza... Great connection to various lines)
- Next to the Imperial Park (nice for a run... and upon my return, the hotel had a towel and bottle of water waiting for me at the enterance)
- Lots of good Japanese food nearby... The small restaurants by the train tracks offer a good glimpse of local lifestyle

Cons:
- The Peter bar was a tad disappointing... If only they had an outdoor area

• Stayed September 2013
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I took a short trip to Tokyo for his 32nd birthday last May. Knowing we would not have too much time to see and do (and eat!) as much as possible, I trusted the Peninsula to point us in the right direction and provide a comfortable resting spot in between adventures.

The Peninsula did not disappoint. They were able to get us a last minute table at Narisawa and also booked us into an exclusive sushi joint where we were the only westerners in the restaurant-- definitely the best sushi we ever had. They also gave us a ride to my husband's dinner in the house Rolls Royce.

Our room was lovely and quiet and a nice escape from the chaos of Tokyo and the bathroom had all the bells and whistles you expect from a 5* resort in Asia. The service was superb from the front desk who were always happy to help retrieve jewelry from the safe to the spa attendants who were always ready with water to the concierge who always knew the best way to get us around the city. I should mention that one valet in the garage went out of his way to help us find the subway station when he realized we had made a wrong turn.

Finally, for those of you planning a visit-- do not miss the small but excellent thalassotherapy pool in the spa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay for our first visit to Tokyo. Central location, right above a subway stop, beautiful, new, great service, and great views. One weird thing about the hotel is its entry lobby; we couldn't find the reception desk upon entering the hotel for the first time. The main focus of the lobby is the lobby restaurant (which is packed for afternoon tea), and this huge odd sculpture. For such a nice hotel, staff wore polo knit shirts, which (not that it impacted our stay at all!) seemed a little casual. Service was great. Rooms were beautiful, plush, and modern with high tech features and controls. We went to the Peter bar upstairs twice, and the views were beautiful (though, in my opinion, not quite as beautiful as those from the Mandarin's bar and top floors!). We could certainly highly recommend this as an amazing stay, but when we visited the Mandarin for dinner and drinks, we had a bit of hotel envy. As westerners who wanted what we imagined to be a Tokyo feel, the Mandarin seemed to fit the vibe a bit more... As you would expect with a Peninsula, the hotel has a bit more of a business vibe.

• Stayed August 2013
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Understated, elegant design but, as with all truly exceptional hotels, it is the team that makes the difference. Helpful, genuinely friendly and all consummate professionals. And with a great sense of humor to boot! Lovely big bathroom and dressing room, rooms comfy and roomy. Perfect location. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love this hotel. Maybe one of the best ones I have ever stayed at in my life. Service is consistently incredible - I have been here several times for business. Everyone is friendly and helpful, which is so valuable when you are staying in a foreign country. The rooms are amazing. Huge, and with a walk-in closet I wish I had at home. You also have an in-room coffee/tea maker that works great, and a sitting area in front of the TV. The bed is super comfy. I also liked the automated panels for everything: lights, curtains, temperature, etc. The bathroom is really great (which sounds weird, but you will appreciate when you get there). Also, great location in Ginza and excellent concierge service. Rooms with Imperial Palace views are great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Peninsula Tokyo? Share your experiences!