“Strategically Located Hotel in Central Tokyo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Tokyo

Save Saved
You added The Peninsula Tokyo to your Saves list
The Peninsula Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-8-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda, Tokyo Prefecture 100-0006, Japan   |
Special Offer
Room Upgrade and Amenity
Ranked #7 of 59 hotels in Chiyoda
Kajang, Selangor,Malaysia
“Strategically Located Hotel in Central Tokyo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The deluxe hotel room has ample space with a walk-in wardrobe, a bathroom with both shower cubicle and bathtub. The room also comes with 2 beds, a sofa and a small dining table. As expected for Tokyo there is modern amenities including a DVD player, fax machine and full gadget toilet!

Service was excellent as they accommodated my request for early morning breakfast due to Ramadan. It would have been better if the hotel can cater to specific Muslim food requirements i.e. halal meat.

The hotel is located close to the Imperial Palace but the room I had was facing an office block, so no view of the palace. There is staircase connecting the hotel directly to the Tokyo Metro train lines, which is quite convenient. Since I was on a business trip, the hotel is close to most of my meeting venues around Tokyo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Imperial Palace.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

869 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is incredibly luxurious and we were in love the minute we arrived.
We had an entry level room type but we were not disappointed with it's size. Our bedroom was very large and opened to the lounge room with pod-coffee machine. Very large windows afforded us lovely views.
Toiletries were the best we'd ever seen and there were even toiletries for our son (18mo). A cot was provided which we set by the dressing area - which meant there was a large solid sliding door separating him from us. Lighting off to the bathroom could be set low enough that this did not wake him if we needed to go to the bathroom.
The hotel provided us a babysitter so we could go out.
There is a tv and touch button for everything - including at the dressing area for you to have your nails dried.
Breakfast was the only thing we were not thrilled about. Yes it is silver service however it is a la carte and you can't vary the choice. I do not eat egg (allergies) so requested a switch. No matter my argument at our departure/ check out I was charged handsomly for this. As it's not a buffet, had i not had the switched item I would have been hungry so I did not feel that this was fair and am still a bit annoyed about it considering how much we spent to stay at this hotel. Staff were wonderful with my son and provided drawing paper for him at breakfast.
The pool area is magnificent and enormous and quiet whenever I went there. The lady in charge of goggles and hair caps was the sweetest most wonderful lady in service I think I've ever seen and I really wanted to take her home with me!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in July and from our welcome to our departure you couldn't ask for better facilities or service. Great is about the best descriptive term for our stay. The hotel is beautifully decorated in a way that seems to make you relax and feel comfortable as soon as you walk in. It is not a huge hotel lobby, but the decor and staff makes it very comfortable. The rooms are beautifully appointed with more gadgets and buttons that we have ever experienced, and very large by Tokyo standards. We didn't want to leave it on occasions. The staff were the most polite, respectful, kind and helpful that I have experienced, not just one or two, but all of them, I can't recall one that wasn't. Now that's amazing. Nothing was a problem, and the consierge and bell staff were great with advice and assistance given freely, joyously and they seemed to enjoy the challenge and interaction. The location is great with access to the Ginza, shopping, and plenty of bars and restaurants, and above the Metro which gives access to the rest of Tokyo. If you want a treat in Tokyo, then you can't beat the Peninsula Tokyo.

Room Tip: See if you can get a view over the Imperial Palace Gardens.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Peninsula Tokyo service is perfect and everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. One of the best concierges I have ever encountered anywhere . The deluxe rooms are rather large and have ample space in the living area, bathroom and dressing room- it looks exactly like the website. The automatic gadgets are convenient and touches like the mailbox for newspapers, dry cleaning, notes are well thought out. However, the only downside is the furniture which is not impressive

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The only downside of this hotel is the price I must say.Paid ¥30,000 per night and that's already at a discounted rate.But the location is within walking distance to the stores of Ginza,food clothes beauty products electronics you name it.The rooms are spacious with its own walk in wardrobe and its bathroom is equipped with shower,bath tub,two sinks and a cubicle for toilet.Perfect !

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

stayed in an excellent deluxe room with fantastic views, location is ideal for tourists. Skybar was good. we did not test the signature restaurant Peter but atmosphere seemed quite "techy". A little disappointed in the small gym, pool overall still okay. Spa did not have availability (but it was a Sunday). breakfast quality also fine but ridiculously few seats resulting in a wait irrespective of time of day. for this room price, you are surprised to be asked to wait for 10-15mins. during weekdays, breakfast is only served in the lobby which is poor. breakfast also got charged to our room despite our room rate including breakfast. concierge service was mixed (two different staff one excellent one not). overall enjoyable and good option but none off the feel cool factor like the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo or similar.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I were choosing among the Peninsula, Park Hyatt and Ritz-Carlton at Roppongi, and my Japanese colleagues said we should go with the Peninsula based off its location. I'm so glad we did; it's SO convenient to everything, from the subway station nextdoor, to Ginza shopping a short walk down the street, to the Imperial Palace Gardens just across the way. The rooms are ENORMOUS - especially in a city like Tokyo, where I've stayed in rooms (at decent hotels) comparable to closets - and come with every luxury amenity available. Service was incredibly helpful, from arranging our airport shuttle bus to letting me check out at 9pm and even shower at the spa before departing on my redeye flight. My only complaint is that the Peninsula seems to have spoiled me for all subsequent hotel stays.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Peninsula Tokyo? Share your experiences!