“Elegant business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Tokyo

You added The Peninsula Tokyo to your Saves list
The Peninsula Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-8-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda 100-0006, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
London, United Kingdom
“Elegant business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Peninsula Tokyo.

Stayed in a superior room 20th floor. View is not as nice as hoped / I was hoping lost in translation - but was actually another building quite close. I guess need to go to park Hyatt next time to check the view...

The rooms are beautiful. Nothing to say. Super modern and practical. They thought about everything.

Atmosphere wise feels very business like.

Their pool is great and so is their spa. Of I had been on business I would have been delighted to stay here.

Location: good shops are seconds away.

Breakfast a bit disappointing quality of food/ service long ... and needless to say very expensive (but that's Tokyo!)

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay here for two nights in December it was fantastic. The rooms are stunning, loads of room, thoughtfully designed, quiet, comfortable and with great views. The service was faultless. Everyone knew us by name and were friendly and helpful. My only word of warning is that the Japanese restaurant in the basement is incredibly expensive - £300 for the 'cheapest' menu - and lacks atmosphere. It's really well located, a couple of minutes walk to Ginza which is a great area for shopping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It's my second time staying at this hotel, and i will for sure stay next time! that would say it! Location is great. The view of the Imperial palace, from some rooms is stunning. the service is very good. don't miss experiencing the weddings ceremonies in the mornings! I guess they serve the best Tea Brunch in town (from 11 am).

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The ones overlook the Imperial palace are the best (but you have to pay extra fo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We checked in here for the first night of our honeymoon into a King suite on a high up level with a fantastic view.
Everything was perfect. The room was spacious and immaculate and the hotel provided complimentary strawberries and champayne in our room. We quickly forgot about our long journey once we were dressed in the kimonos and slippers provided in our room.
Room service was prompt and delicious and the bento boxes were genuine Japanese style.
We loved every moment of our stay right down to the pillows we slept on, so much so we bought 4 of them to take home with us. Best hotel we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitakami, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I started my stay at the Peninsula by opting for the Rolls Royce (call for the reservations) and a driver to meet me at the station. I stayed in the deluxe suite. Check-in was made easy as it was done all in the room. No need to stand in line, the concierge met me at the car and escorted me to the room with no hassles. The customer service was top notch, as is expected from a luxory hotel in Japan. Room service was also delicious. The location is prime as you are within walking distance from attractions and all the shopping your wallet can handle in Ginza. The room offered a beautiful panoramic view of Tokyo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed on an executive floor in a double room which had separate dressing area, huge bathroom and an area to watch tv. The room and staff were all you would expect of a 5star hotel. The location is great as you can walk to business district, station, palace, nice shops and even some cheap eateries (which are great value) under the Hibya train arches. Tokyo is never cheap and neither is the hotel but I would say this is good value and fairly priced. I will deffinitely go back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I usually make it a point to stay at the very best hotel in a foreign city. Which is why even the slightest... Slight can upset my decision for next time.

Peninsula is pretty great, beautiful hotel service as you can expect in Japan.

We had the concierge help us with a Michelin star dinner booking during one of the nights of our stay which was very helpful. The concierge knew there was a Guest's birthday. This is probably the second time (the other was in Kuala Lumpur) where a five star hotel didn't acknowledge a guest's birthday, with even a piece of chocolate. Especially after i had made it known the whole purpose of the four day stay was to celebrate this bday, where we allflew in from different countries to have a celebratory long weekend at Tokyo peninsula.

For that reason alone I won't stay here again. People that understand five starservice and understand why they pay for it reading this might understand why that very seemingly small oversight affects my decision for next time. I am going to NYC next and have not even bothered to look at the peninsula NYC review or rates when I choosing my accommodation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Peninsula Tokyo? Share your experiences!