“GORGEOUS !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo

Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo
2-7-9 Hirakawacho | JA Kyosai Bldg., Chiyoda 102-0093, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)
+81 3-5211-2941
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 5,190 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Japan's first restaurant to serve blow fish which had previously been prohibited.Blow fish is a speciality of Japanese cuisine served at Shunpanro's hotel and flagship restaurant.Eating blow fish was trictly prohibited until Japan's first Prime Minister Hirobumi Ito ate it at Shunpanro. He then lifted the ban on eating blow fish which then became a popular and integral part of Japanese cuisine.In Shimonoseki the regional pronunciation for FUGU is FUKU,which is the same pronunciation as the Japanese word for luck.Shunpanro wish all our customers to enjoy the delights of our specially prepared seasonal menus which include a variety of dishes especially pleasing to the eye. Regular holiday:Sunday,national holiday and others. Lunch:11:30AM-2:30PM(L.O.2:00PM) Dinner:5:00PM-10:00PM(L.O.9:00PM)
Washington, Virginia
“GORGEOUS !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I had first time Japanese food it was definitely gorgeous this place made perfect I don't know the other place but this place top of the top staff were always smile and very friendly they made me feel like home everyone should try highly recommend for everyone...

13 Thank enrique2181kk
shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
We are glad, your joy.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Just Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was skeptical as I have never had blowfish before and had no idea what to expect. However, I thought I would trust tripsadvisor as so many times before it has been right and indeed agian this time tripsadvisor did not fail.
I have never had anything like this before. I went for the blow fish lunch menu, I was blown away!
The service was brilliant and the food was absolutely DELICICIOUS.
When I left the restaurant, the waitress even followed me on the street to help get me a taxi... really? I live in Geneva and no way in hell will a waitress go that far.
Honestly, don't even hesitate, just go, you will not regret it!
I cannot say it enough, AMAZING food.

• Visited June 2014
12 Thank Isha33
shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your coming to our restaurant.
A delicious dish and Comfortable service is our Policy(OMOTENASI).
Moreover, please come.
Hiroshima,Japan
“Superb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Well nothing beats a Japanese Cuisine, foods and service is very good. Worth spending... We enjoyed our tasty meals and I am planning to come back with my family.

3 Thank Feedmemore2K14
shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for coming to our restaurant.
We are preparing a fresh fish, and delicious meat, besides a globefish.
Singapore, Singapore
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Excellent restaurant, 100% recommendable. Nice atmosphere and decoration make food taste even better. Excellent for business meetings.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
10 Thank J0hnmie
Thank you for coming to our restaurant.
We continue to offer the Japanese-style dish of a sense of the season from now on.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I am glad I tried the fugu but I'm not sure what all the hype is about. Most of the dishes we had were flavorless. You had to dip everything in the ponzu sauce to give it flavor. The best fugu we had was deep fried. Tasted like a fried frog leg or fried chicken. The service was very good but extremely underwhelmed by the food.

shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for coming to our restaurant.
We refer to your precious comment.
We are glad when you come once again.