“Just Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo

Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo
2-7-9 Hirakawacho | JA Kyosai Bldg., Chiyoda 102-0093, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)
+81 3-5211-2941
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4,609 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Japan's first restaurant to serve blow fish which had previously been prohibited.Blow fish is a speciality of Japanese cuisine served at Shunpanro's hotel and flagship restaurant.Eating blow fish was trictly prohibited until Japan's first Prime Minister Hirobumi Ito ate it at Shunpanro. He then lifted the ban on eating blow fish which then became a popular and integral part of Japanese cuisine.In Shimonoseki the regional pronunciation for FUGU is FUKU,which is the same pronunciation as the Japanese word for luck.Shunpanro wish all our customers to enjoy the delights of our specially prepared seasonal menus which include a variety of dishes especially pleasing to the eye. Regular holiday:Sunday,national holiday and others. Lunch:11:30AM-2:30PM(L.O.2:00PM) Dinner:5:00PM-10:00PM(L.O.9:00PM)
Geneva, Switzerland
“Just Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was skeptical as I have never had blowfish before and had no idea what to expect. However, I thought I would trust tripsadvisor as so many times before it has been right and indeed agian this time tripsadvisor did not fail.
I have never had anything like this before. I went for the blow fish lunch menu, I was blown away!
The service was brilliant and the food was absolutely DELICICIOUS.
When I left the restaurant, the waitress even followed me on the street to help get me a taxi... really? I live in Geneva and no way in hell will a waitress go that far.
Honestly, don't even hesitate, just go, you will not regret it!
I cannot say it enough, AMAZING food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your coming to our restaurant.
A delicious dish and Comfortable service is our Policy(OMOTENASI).
Moreover, please come.

Hiroshima,Japan
“Superb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Well nothing beats a Japanese Cuisine, foods and service is very good. Worth spending... We enjoyed our tasty meals and I am planning to come back with my family.

shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for coming to our restaurant.
We are preparing a fresh fish, and delicious meat, besides a globefish.
We are waiting for you to come again.
Singapore, Singapore
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Excellent restaurant, 100% recommendable. Nice atmosphere and decoration make food taste even better. Excellent for business meetings.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for coming to our restaurant.
We continue to offer the Japanese-style dish of a sense of the season from now on.
We are waiting for you to come again.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I am glad I tried the fugu but I'm not sure what all the hype is about. Most of the dishes we had were flavorless. You had to dip everything in the ponzu sauce to give it flavor. The best fugu we had was deep fried. Tasted like a fried frog leg or fried chicken. The service was very good but extremely underwhelmed by the food.

shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for coming to our restaurant.
We refer to your precious comment.
We are glad when you come once again.
“Exquisite food and excellent services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Tripadvisor did not fail me. My son and I shared one ¥5,400 fugu set for lunch, which includes pre-dish, sashimi fugu, fried fugu, Japanese hot pot, steamed egg and rice porridge cooked with egg, mushroom and fugu fish and a desert. Everything came beautifully presented and tasted fresh. We were very consented. Every cent is well spent.

Visited April 2014
shunpanrotokyo, 支配人 at Japanese Cuisine Shimonoseki Shunpanro Tokyo, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for having you come to our restaurant.
We are preparing the delicious Blowfish dish during one year.
Moreover, please come.