“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buddha Bellies Cooking School Tokyo

Buddha Bellies Cooking School Tokyo
2-4-3 Kanda Jinbocho, Chiyoda 101-0051, Tokyo Prefecture (Ochanomizu / Akihabara / Kanda)
+81 8050019395
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Japanese Cooking School inTokyo-learn how to make sushi, Bento Box, Okonomiyaki(Japanese pan cake) with us!Instructed by English speaking instructor.Our classes provide you intimate, cozy and friendly atmosphere, guided by a Japanese instructor who speaks English fluently. Also the kitchen is in the heart of Tokyo-easy asccess.Surely the experience of making sushi, bento, noodle etc...will give a certain spice to your cooking at home! This would be the best souvenier for you to bring Japan home. We ensure memorable moment while you stay in Tokyo.
clifton
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was such a great experience. I have been wanting to take a japanese cooking class for quite some time, so during my stay in tokyo I took a class at buddha bellies. It was worth every penny. I have already cooked Nabe for my family and it's a great hit. I wish I was able to take a few more classes there before I departed.

3 attraction reviews
“Fun & professional cooking class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I did the Udon & Chicken Teriyaki class, and had a great time! I would definitely recommend the class to friends visiting Tokyo.

Ayuko is a great teacher, and runs a very professional operation. Everything was well organized and smooth, and immediately felt at home. I had a really fun time learning from her, and it was nothing but a positive learning experience. I also now know how to make Udon and Teriyaki, and can't wait to do so for my friends (and myself!).

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Excellent! Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I took the sushi making class and had a great time. The teacher Ayuko was very friendly and the made the class a very enjoyable experience. The class was in very good English and the sushi itself was delicious. The combination of the small class size (5 people), warm and personable teacher, great food and "extras" (green tea, dessert and sake!) make this a must do for anyone visiting Tokyo that loves sushi.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Brisbane, Australia
“Just Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I just had the best time today for the 2.5 hour Sushi Cooking class. Ayuko is just so friendly, lovely and professional. She makes all the guests feel right at home and has an easy teaching method. The way Ayuko goes about demonstrating Sushi and Sashimi making enables everyone in the class to get involved and make real Japanese food. The small class size and lovely decor makes the atmosphere very inviting. There was a very generous amount of food to eat that went down well with the lovely glass of Sake. There were some other surprises on the day such as green tea making/ceremony, and a little bit of origami. The location is so easy to get to and Ayuko will meet you at exit A2 at the Jimbocho subway station where you walk right next door to her cooking school premises. This is must do even if you are not a foodie! Thank you Ayuko I will recommend Buddha Bellies to anyone I know that will be travelling to Tokyo.

Tokyo, Japan
“Wonderful cooking experience in Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you travel in Tokyo and would like to have a unique experience, this is the one you should take. Ayuko will teach you how to make Japanese cuisine in English at a cozy and clean place.

When I took the class, the menu was Gyoza (Japanese dumplings) and Ramen (noodle), both are very typical Japanese food which are beloved by most Japanese people and I've heard they are becoming more and more popular now outside Japan. Ayuko explained the details of the ingredients we used, which shops we should visit to get them, also told us what else we could use in case we won't find the same item.

The class was attended by some Japanese ladies (including me) and some non-Japanese people who were staying in Tokyo for business, all of us with different background. So, it was very fun!!

I hope I'll join another class and surely recommend the Buddha Bellies Cooking School Tokyo for those who are keen to explore Japanese culture in a way which are not on travel guidebook :-))

Visited October 2012