“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tokyo Station Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Tokyo Station Hotel to your Saves list
The Tokyo Station Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo Prefecture 100-0005, Japan   |
Ranked #8 of 59 hotels in Chiyoda
Paso Robles, California
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was a very nice experience for the first 3 nights in Japan. I am so happy that we chose this one as I heard of the new renovated hotel. It uses the latest, state of the art technology every part of the room and building, yet it has good taste and classic atmosphere. You cannot beat the location especially if you use Narita Express and Shinkansen bullet trains. Employees are so nice, professional, and helpful. They gave us the warm, welcoming feelings. Breakfast was superb. We will be repeating customers and will recommend to anyone who is visiting Japan.

Room Tip: Like most any other hotels in Tokyo, rooms tend to be small. Get largest room if you can afford.

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kaneohe, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had been waiting and hoping patiently for this place to open, having stayed across the street at the very nice Marunouchi hotel. How happy I was to see what a sterling job they did of bringing back the luxury hotels of yesteryear. Equal in all respects to those great dames of the past, just meandering around the huge property made you feel as if a duke, duchess or emperor might appear just around the corner!

I read many of the other reviews for this hotel and have trouble understanding any of the negative remarks. Of course I understand that people have different tastes and experiences, but in all ways I found my experience here to be top rate.

I think I must have stayed in the same "Dome" room as some of the other reviewers, because I found the same amenities and furnishings, including the crystal chandeliers, the huge and wonder "rain" shower and the separate "personal" room with the porcelain "throne." No one mentioned, though, that this "throne" was one of the technical marvels of the bathroom age, a Toto "Washlet" that does everything for you when you "use" the facility except powder your bottom. No need to even touch the thing! From raising the lid to flushing and lowering it, and everything in between, this is truly a marvel of the age, and something really special. I would like the "not so" Grand Hyatt hotel in New York to come and learn something about great hotel bathrooms!

I didn't notice anyone's commenting on the lovely spa downstairs. I didn't use all their services, but just visiting the Japanese style bath (I was told you can't call it an onsen because they don't have natural mineral water being piped up from under the ground) made for a very relaxing experience. As I'm sitting in my room right now, I believe I'll be making a quick trip down there for an invigorating soak when I finish this.

So I basically have to agree with all the good comments that were made about this hotel, from the "surprisingly quiet" comment to "Great Hotel in the heart of the city." I definitely will stay here when I visit Japan again, because it's worth every penny you have to spend on it. A wonderful time here!

Room Tip: Be sure you get one of the "dome" rooms that overlook the concourse of the station. It...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
hongkong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the first time I stay in this hotel, experience is not good at all except the breakfast is good but expensive, still i think the breakfast is worth cos i can see the chef has the heart to make such delicious breakfast buffet. The service there are not good at all. Conceige are so slow and impatience。a google map print need to stand more than 10 min. The conceige staff are not friendly at all! everythime i call for the message, they transfer and transfer and end up they cant find my message. Waste me another 5-8 miins waiting for the transfer。 i m a international traveller and always stay at 5 stars for more than 30 years. My comments is I will not pay 530USD per nite for this kind of service standard . I will never go back and refer this hotel to anybody.

new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Situated above/next to rail lines and the bullet train, the room was surprisingly quiet. The room that we stayed in was in the dome section where the view was not only the beautifully restored dome with its interesting artwork but the coming and going of the commuters. Although the trains do stop running by midnight and start by 5:30 next morning, I could not tell that at least ten different lines were running next door. The room is luxurious starting with the chandelier hanging from the high ceiling. Although the room was a bit tight due to the big comfortable bed and chair with glass side table, it was furnished with two crystal night lamps. It had an iron and ironing board in the closet. Wifi is available. The bathroom has a very nice, deep tub with separate room for toilet. The outside corridor is elegantly decorated using white as the color theme which I am not sure how long that can be maintain. The only drawback for me about this place is the lobby. The lobby is too small to accommodate not just the hotel guests, but the many users of the hotel restaurants. In addition, unlike the other luxury hotels in the area, there is no doorman to greet you as you get off the taxi. We had to drag our luggages from cab to the hotel lobby. The location is obviously convenient being so close to the trains, shopping areas, and plenty of restaurants. However, have to learn to work the underground passage way to the other side of station without going through the JR turnstiles. And being Tokyo Station, the place is crowded.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location right downtown! Walking distance to many areas and the train right at your feet. Stayed here just one night on a business trip but had a great experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We caught the Nozomi (bullet train) to Kyoto and you can just walk right out of the hotel in to the station. Very convenient! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for few nights in mid Dec 2012, whilst they had a superb offer so value for the buck was great for the superb service and facility this newly restored Tokyo Station Hotel have to offer.
Amazing layout and they have done a fantastic job in restoring the place to a top notch scale but keeping the pre-existing features throughout the building. Really enjoyed the stay and would definitely like to come back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Tokyo station hotel for a occasion of our anniversary.
我們決定入住東京車站飯店是為了慶祝週年紀念日

As we asked the hotel to help us to reserve two ticket of the NHK symphony orchestra, because the overseas online booking of their performances is not allowed, we explained this request is for our anniv day.

為了慶祝這個特別日子,我們想要到NHK音樂廳去聽一場由NHK交響樂團演出的音樂會,但是我們發現海外聽眾無法在網站上先行預定音樂會的票,於是我們決定試著請飯店協助我們預訂這場音樂會的席位。為了讓這個請求實現的可能性提高,我們在發信給飯店時,解釋了這個特殊日子以及我們的需求。

The hotel did not only booked the seats for us, but also arranged souvenir photo taking in our room, and there was a welcoming and wishes card on the room table congratulating us. We felt very warm with their arrangements and kind help.

The room we stayed was in the dome, with a perfect view of the Tokyo Station entrance, and so close to the dome top so that we can appreciate the decoration closely. The room was small but very comfortable, with well chosen furniture and tableware, and a very nice bath room.

The reconstruction project kept the decoration of the building and the room meets the Taisho style when the hotel first established. This created an atmosphere of european nostalgia.

The buffet breakfast in the Atrium level was another highlight of this stay. The sunlight came from the glass window. With a 9 meter high ceiling, the restaurant provided a spacious comfortable environment for their guests. Food was great.

Just 1 lowlight that we found a small litter under the room desk. But this dose not diminish what wonderful experience Tokyo Station Hotel had brought us!

Special thanks to the Chief Guest Relations, Ms. Mori and her team members. Her professional help and arrangements has made this stay an incredible memory.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Tokyo Station Hotel? Share your experiences!