“Good hotel and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sakura Hotel Jimbocho

Save Saved
You added Sakura Hotel Jimbocho to your Saves list
Sakura Hotel Jimbocho
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-21-4 Jimbocho Kanda, Chiyoda, Tokyo Prefecture 101-0051 , Japan   |
Ranked #35 of 59 hotels in Chiyoda
USA
“Good hotel and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Message bodyI rented a single private room here.This is a great location.It is close to the Imperial palace and surrounded by awesome book shops.The location can be a challenge to find from Tokyo Station if you are not familar with the subway lines.I liked the 24 hour cafe and the friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This hotel has very much a hostel feel to it. The staff, the layout, the quality, all very hostelly. And that's no bad thing as long as you're aware of that in advance.

All I was looking for was a place to sleep, and it sufficed. Tiny room, not ensuite. But it had a bed which was the only requirement.

The location is just fine, but if you're visitng the most popular areas of Tokyo it's not quite on the doorstep and you could probably find a higher standard of room at similar distances to the likes of Shibuya etc. for not that much more money.

On site 24 cafe/bar was quite nice. Very much marketed at the non-Japanese speaking traveller which may be useful for some too.

Perhaps of most interest to backpackers who want a private room.

Overall - functional. Nothing more.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The Sakura Hotel was recommended by a friend who has traveled in Japan a lot - i.e. every year for 20 years and he has stayed in hundreds of Tokyo hotels.

I stayed here with 3 friends and the room was very small with 2 bunk beds (sleeping 4).

That's it for the room other than a small table and TV - that we had to move to get our bags in.

Toilet and shower and sink are all separate and positioned around the centre of the floor (all rooms open onto the corridor where they are.

Downstairs is a cafe selling snacks and drinks, with free coffee. There's also a computer with Internet (can't recall if it costs $$).

Overall, very friendly service - the reception guys couldn't do enough. Their English was good.

The rooms were small and clean.

The value was wonderful.

If you're going to spend a lot of time in your room, then you'll be disappointed, but as a centrally located, close to subway hotel in Tokyo it's just fine. And, like I said, the value is terrific.

My only complaint would be that the 3 other guys with me snored all night!

I'd stay here again - just know the rooms are small, with the bathrooms outside the room servicing all the rooms on that floor (6 rooms each floor I think).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I recently went to Japan during the big Earthquake. I was staying at Sakura Hotel at the time. They were on top of everything. They had snacks and tea for the people staying there. The news as on they had flashlights ready. They answered all my questions. They were very helpful and friendly when I needed to call home and use the internet. Honestly they had the best staff of any Hotel I've stayed in. I've been around the world and they made my very short stay in Tokyo during that traumatic time even easier on me. It's not fancy but it is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

I stayed there for 3 nights and its good value for money. Close to the underground and jr station , stayed in a single room and the room is a bit crampy but the bed was great, and your out all day anyway. The area is really chilled compared to other parts of town and that`s why i decided to stay there, easy to get around and lots of restaurants near by.
Staff very friendly and helpful , free wifi and in general very clean and nice. Im gonna stay here on my next visit as well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed one night only in this hotel and it was ok. The room are pretty basic but the fact that you have to get outside to get to the bathroom is a bit bad. The common area and the staff are really good and they are nice to meet other travelers. I'd recommend this hotel but warn the person not to expect anything else than a bed and a place to chat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I booked in for 5 nights in my last week in Tokyo as I had no where to stay after leaving my apartment, I was just looking for a cheap place to stay and had been to one of there other hostels in 2007 and had a great time. click link below for review:

I arrived a bit early and the guy behind the counter said I could not go in as my bed was not ready, this of course was fine as I was early. After about 30 minutes after the time I was supposed to be allowed in the room he told me the room was ready.

After I entered my room I saw there was still someone sleeping in the bed, I went back to reception thinking that they must of given me the wrong room or something, turns out that it was the right room and they has not checked the room. He asked me to sit in the reception and wait while they sorted it out, to be fair he did sort things out quickly and took me to my room.

On closer inspection of the room it was not very clean, I was surprised to hear this hotel won a cleanliness award in 2009!

I canceled my reservation at the hotel and moved to a last min 5 star hotel deal I found on Rakuten for a similar kind of price.

He did give me a refund for the next 4 nights but said he could not refund the 1st night so I was out of pocket by 4000 odd yen.

I think its a real shame as they have a great location and space to run a really good hotel here. I hope they manage to improve it in the near future.

Any questions just drop me a line

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Sakura Hotel Jimbocho? Share your experiences!