“What a wonderful experience...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon

You added Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1 Hayabusacho, Chiyoda 102-0092, Tokyo Prefecture (Yotsuya / Iidabashi)   |
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“What a wonderful experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

After reading the reviews I booked this hotel for my fiancee and I because of the price. Although cheap, this hotel packs a punch. Service was amazing and we were greeted every time with a smile. My limited Japanese combined with the staff's limited English was more than enough to get by. Rooms were a little small, but that is a given in Tokyo. Close to train station (Hanzomon Station on the Hanzomon line) and Imperial Palace. This is a business district in Tokyo, so not ideal if you're after nightlife, however, Shibuya is only 4 stops away on the Hanzomon line,so perfect to party it up and still get back for a quiet night's sleep. WiFi is also available for free everywhere in the hotel. Overall we loved the experience and would happily stay again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed two nights in mid-April and paid just JPY 10,500 per night (USD 90) for a “Semi-Double” room (small queen-size bed), including tax and service and free wifi, but not breakfast. Excellent value for such a central location in Tokyo, with amazing views across the Imperial Palace grounds from the room. However, this was a good rate through agoda.com, via tripadvisor.com, and I expect standard rates are much higher.

Most of the rooms are in the outward facing arc of the building, which looks towards the Palace grounds, but note that some are at the back, facing on to non-descript streets.

The room was of a reasonable size, by Tokyo standards, and everything was perfectly clean. All facilities and gadgets worked as they should. My flight landed early morning and they couldn’t or wouldn’t let me check in early, but there was no issue to leave my bags, grab a fairly-priced breakfast in their restaurant, before I headed out for the morning.

The hotel seems quite new (maybe five years) but is well maintained. The lobby is a bit gloomy but the staff are helpful and welcoming.

I had pre-booked a different hotel for my third and fourth nights, in the Asakusabashi area, but now wish I’d stayed at Grand Arc for all four.

Not only is the hotel the closest tourist-price hotel you’ll find to the Imperial Palace running circuit, it’s also just a 3 minute walk to Hanzomon subway station, which will easily get you anywhere you want to go in Tokyo. Note that if arriving at TCAT, after landing at Narita or Haneda, the day-time taxi fare from TCAT was JPY 2,100 for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out to the Imperial Palace grounds
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very close to the Underground station so easy access to most of the city.
Quiet neighbourhood and a little far from the main sights/zones of the city.
Small (as are most) room but comfortable bed and good wi-fi.
Breakfast was included and was OK.
We got a great price for a 3-star because of booking early.
Staff were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Upper floors, overlooking the park/water if possible
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Let's me start with facts Tokyo is very expensive land yet again not more then NYC and the room of our hotel in Tokyo was sheer post size. The service was ok I mean we only stayed one night but it was too long!
The bed the tiny full bed was attached to the wall: on the length side !! So in order for me to go to the bath room I needed to Maneuver my body and get ready to the 2020 Olympic
The room was old looking and the bath tub is good for children ! In all I will say not recommended however it was not expensive ! So we paid 110 dollars a night in Tokyo I must shut up

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Happy with the hotel and bedroom. Efficient desk staff. Good bathroom with loads of toiletries provided. An extra basin and mirror in the bedroom area gave us extra space for getting ready. Good wifi. Fantastic city views. Plenty of lifts. Less than five minutes walk to the Metro, but also only about 20 minutes downhill to the entrance of the Imperial Palace. Breakfast was included in our deal but this was only a choice of American, Continental or Japanese. A buffet is always preferred.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Riga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for four nights immediately on our arrival in Japan (before moving on to Kyoto) and were more than happy with the hotel.
We arrived mid-morning because of the flight and so our rooms were not ready, which was expected and no problem. The hotel looked after our bags while we had a lovely lunch in their outside part (the weather was beautiful) and when we went back and checked in, our bags had already been delivered to the rooms.
The staff were all extremely good - we did not have plug adaptors but these were provided immediately. The wifi was excellent. The rooms were spacious and clean. The toilets were amazing (with the bidet facility built in :-) ).
Although I smoke, I hate smoke in the bedroom and so was happy that all the rooms seemed to be non-smoking and there was a great smoking area just outside the main door.
The view from the rooms was great (overlooking the Imperial Palace park) and the area round the hotel was lots of great restaurants and cafes.
A very short walk from the metro (and despite our trepidation having read about the crush, we had no problems with the metro at all).
We will certainly visit Japan again and will certainly stay at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very modern hotel. Rooms are quite small but very clean and the view we had was amazing. There was floor to ceiling glass and after watching the beautiful city lights at night we were lucky enough to wake up to a light snow shower which looked amazing. We stayed here one night before leaving for home and enjoyed it very much although with the size of the room I don't think I would like to stay for a length of time.

Room Tip: higher floors have great views
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon? Share your experiences!