“Good location close to the Imperial Palace” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon

You added Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1 Hayabusacho, Chiyoda 102-0092, Tokyo Prefecture (Yotsuya / Iidabashi)   |
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Malmo, Sweden
“Good location close to the Imperial Palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Good location with the Tokyo Metro station Hanzomon very close. The hotel is more of a business hotel with small rooms, but ideal if you only goong to sleep. Great view towarda the Imperial palace and the skyline in Maronouchi district. Clean rooms and great staff. The resataurant offers breakfast of different kinds.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the upper floors for a great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a lot of "needs" for our stay in Tokyo and the Grand Arc fulfilled every one. We wanted a room that could sleep 3, we wanted to be close to the Imperial Palace and we wanted a nice hotel.

The Grand Arc was a nice surprise, considering it cost less than many others. Service was excellent. From check-in to check-out we were well taken care of by the staff. The room was large enough that even with the additional twin bed there was room to walk around. The bathroom was two rooms separated by a vanity. Nice touch with so many of us in the room.

The rooms were clean, the lobby was spotless. They even had a designated smoking area outside that had an air purifier so that the smoke wasn't wafted over every guest walking in or out of the lobby. Nice touch!

The view from the room was spectacular! The little gift shop in the lobby was quite nice and had many unique items as well.

I would stay here again if I were ever to come back to Tokyo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I arrived here after a very long flight for a 3 night stay on business. From the outside it looked impressive enough, and the location close to the Imperial Palace gardens was very attractive. However, I was told that check in was not for another 3 hours and my room was not available. My complaints, saying I was exhausted and needed to rest were met with polite inscrutability, but no real attempt to help. I could not believe there were NO rooms that had been made up and that was confirmed when a colleague who also arrived early was able to go straight to his room. I asked if there was a lounge where I could sit in a comfortable chair with a soft drink, but there was none, only restaurants. The lobby only had a few uncomfortable chairs and a leather bench, which is where I ended up crashing out until my room was ready.

Once I got to my 10th floor room, the only impressive part was the view. The room itself was small and the furnishings were basic; the bathroom was more of a cupboard, measuring approximately 5ft by 6ft. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. There was no mini bar and no soft drinks were available in the room, nor could I find any room service menu. The TV was exclusively Japanese- no CNN or Sky News. WiFi was free, but slow, so I resorted to the high speed ethernet connection which was good, offering a robust connectivity. Food in the restaurants was unremarkable. No gym or pool.

Whilst the overall entrance to the hotel gave an impression of a mid-range standard hotel that would boast most of the expected amenities, but the accommodation and services were more like those of a low budget motel. Judging from the guests when I was there, the hotel is clearly geared to Japanese business travellers and, in my opinion, little concession is made to western travellers, although the service was always exceedingly polite and attentive, as one would expect in Japan. This is very different from my previous experiences with other hotels in Tokyo and I was therefore very surprised and disappointed.

I will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent three nights in Tokyo and we found a good deal with grand arc hanzomon. The hotel is close to the train station, very quiet and has a great view of Tokyo. Given that we originally wanted to stay at a ryokan, we decided to go with the Japanese room option instead of the normal bedding, which was proven to be a bad choice! Two of us couldn't even get any sleep on night one so we decided to get an extra mattress for one of us, only to be told that they ran out of mattresses for the night ... Hard to believe. They can do with more breakfast options too .. But overall, we were pretty pleased with the hotel ..

Room Tip: Be careful with flicking tv channels especially if you traveling with kids - they offer adult channe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Close to subway station. Paid $180/night 3 people, last minute booking in June 2013. Free slippers, assortment of cutesie toiletries and amenities, fancy toto Japanese toilet, large bathroom/shower in the Japanese style room. Nice view of the palace and river. Clean rooms, nice staff. Be warned that Japanese room comes with futons on the ground, not conventional beds that you might be used to. When in Rome....

Room Tip: My friends Western twin room was tiny (room 1310). Our Japanese style room (room 707)has a Japanese...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and we had a room with an amazing view of the Imperial Park. The room was rather spacious considering Japanese standards. It was close to Hanzomon station but there was not much happening at a walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon? Share your experiences!