“One of the best in tokyo. Definitely best concierge & personalized service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi

You added Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-11-1 Marunouchi | Pacific Century Place, Chiyoda 100-6277, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Dinner
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
“One of the best in tokyo. Definitely best concierge & personalized service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 3-4 times already.
My first experience was awesome. As I stepped out of taxi they greeted me by my name !

How ??? I asked .. they googled me !!
Dining reservation was perfect printed with map in separate envelope for each place

Everyone ... Everyone addresses me by my name ... How does this happen... Not at any other fourseasons as I usually stay at fourseasons

Also second visit ... As I always asked for lots of adaptor... And extended cords

It was provided BEFORE and already plugged in and installed in the room !!!

What ?? Too good to be true ? It is ! Try it and u will see Y ... I have to return to this place and only select a few others to try ... But then this place and shangrila is the best of tokyo , Japan and possibly the world

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Casanova777
FSHMarunouchi, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Casanova777,

Wow, I am glad that we got you "right". This is something that is a focus for us this year, to better anticipate guest needs and ensure that our return guests do not have to ask for the same thing twice- like your adapter and extension cords. When you come next time, please let me know, I would really like to meet you.

Burleigh Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen. The reason this Hotel rates Number one Chiyoda is because it is simply the best. My Family and I recently had a four night stay at Four Seasons and we all experienced a wonderful stay. Right from the moment when the Concierge met us at the Shinkansen Station upon our arrival to when they escorted us to the Narita Express on our departure, the service and hospitality was outstanding.

Four Seasons is positioned very close to JR station and only a few minutes walk into the Ginza district which is one of Tokyo's prime shopping locations.

We had 2 adjoining rooms on the 6th floor which were very large and had all the convenieniences and appointments one would expect. All the amenities provided were of the highest quality. The rooms were very quiet and had a great view over Tokyo JR station.

We used the restaurant and bar most days for breakfast and dinner and sat next to the open gas flamed fireplace each night for a few drinks at our happy hour. We got to know the staff here as this is more like a boutique hotel where the service is tailored to be more personal than perhaps a 500 room hotel may offer. This what we prefer

The concierge was very helpful in arranging tours and providing maps and directions plus the wonderful meet and greet service provided at the train station is first class.

We used the onsen regularly and even took up a few massages and spa options. My 2 boys used the Gym and remarked how everything was in perfect working order and condition.

Overall, this was the best hotel we have stayed in and I could not recommend it highly enough for a one night stop over or as your base for an extended stay in Tokyo. You will not regret it.

5 Thank 2ndAveManagement
FSHMarunouchi, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Gaeme H,

It was a pleasure turning on the computer this morning and reading your review. I am glad that you and the family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here in Tokyo and that you made full use of the hotel. I have taken the liberty to post your review on staff bulletin board for them all to read.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Did a fair bit of looking around on TA before making this booking. Booked it having stayed at FS Singapore and loving it. Stayed four days at FS Maranouchi with my husband and our two teenage boys. The deal breakers for me were the excellent central location near Tokyo station and also the fact that we could all stay in one decent sized room. We got one of their website ‘stay four nights for the price of three’ which helped hugely. The rate was still up there but similar to getting two rooms for ourselves in this very expensive part of Tokyo.

Have since found out about booking through the FS preferred agents which entitle the guest to extras. I would urge anyone looking at FS to look into this. I wasn’t aware of it till I read some flyer forums.

I looked at other locations near Tokyo Station like the Mandarin, The Palace and the Peninsula but decided this was the best, A+ in fact, with a short walk to the Ginza and next to Tokyo railway station Yaesu South exit. I feel to get the most out of your stay in Tokyo you have to stay very near one of the big connecting stations like Tokyo or Shinjuku. Then your down time catching trains is minimised.

We got a premier queen room of 52sq m, it was very nicely appointed, comfy beds, luxury bathroom and lots of storage. FS kindly lent us a PS3 with some games for our 13 year old, fortunately he was so busy with tripping around Tokyo it didn’t get used much, but a nice touch nevertheless.

The concierge were outstanding, they helped us with arranging Sumo tickets and were prompt replying to emails before we arrived. Akhil at the concierge desk was particularly helpful and welcoming. The icing on the cake when we left was when a lovely young man from concierge accompanied us to catch the Narita express on departure and navigating the myriad passageways of Tokyo to the right platform and also helping us purchase our tickets and get our Suica card refunds. We think we’re savvy travellers but we couldn’t have found our way to the N’ex without the young lad who helped us and even took the luggage trolley down through the station! BTW ALL the staff at Four Seasons speak good English, right down to the housekeepers.

Just a couple of pointers if you stay at the F/S Marunouchi:
There’s a convenience store in the complex below the building, turn right outside of the main entrance towards the ginza, cut the corner right, over the plaza, towards the railway bridge and take the escalator down when you see the basement entrance. The store is right there.
Don’t forget to take a walk along the Nakadori St in the close by Marunouchi area, a gracious, upmarket shopping area, where you will really get a sense of the results of a country that has experienced economic growth for the last 50 years. The Christmas lights down that street were absolutely breathtaking when going for a night walk.
Take the Skybus hop on hop off tour, starts at the Mitsubishi building a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Will give you an overland view of Tokyo.
The Muji flagship store at Yurakcho (5 minute walk) - I'm a shopaholic -is a fabulous example of anti brand, products that are environmentally friendly in a Japanese way. The Loft shop next door is like a kind of target store with everything from nail clippers upwards.

To sum up this Four Seasons isn’t about wow hotel receptions areas, it’s about giving service where it makes a real difference to your stay. The service levels are well above average in a city where there is lots of good service.

Room Tip: Book through a FS "Preferred Agent" to get a better deal
    • 3 of 5 stars
6 Thank yeowon
Dear Yeowon,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review and the travel tips for Tokyo are also very well thought of. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the services that we provide. It is true that finding your way through Tokyo station can be daunting, even for Japanese guests, so I am glad that you took our offer of using the platform greeting service. Looking forward to welcoming you back to us soon again.

Best

Daniel Simon
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were a family of four spending three nights in Tokyo after a few days in Sapporo. We were given adjoining rooms even though we didn't request for this - which was great! The concierge was fantastic - we were given excellent directions (plus maps) for getting to Disneyland, the Pokemon Centre, KiddyLand; reservations were effortlessly made for Jiro's; spot-on recommendations for ramen houses. I did miss not having a pool in the hotel, but the gym was good.

1 Thank San_Ng
FSHMarunouchi, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear San_Ng,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I have shared your positive comments about the concierge with the team. I am sorry about the pool but did we offer to arrange for you to use a pool nearby ? I hope to see you and your family back with us during the next ski season .

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Travelled with wife and two boys (age 5 and 10) and stayed for 4 nights.

Small business hotel with beautiful well sized rooms and lovely decor throughout. Very convenient location next to Tokyo Station.

Staff and service was excellent throughout - absolutely up to standards we have seen and come to expect from the Four Seasons - nothing was ever too much trouble. We used the Onsen but not the gym. The gym looked great. We were also given a late checkout which was very greatly appreciated

I thought the room rate was great. However what was completely ridiculous was the price of food and drinks in the hotel restaurant and via room service. As an example we paid circa US$32 for two hot chocolates from room service for the kids. This is insane in the extreme. Sure we should have looked at the price before we ordered but nobody in their right mind could seriously think anyone would charge this much. This extended across everything - US$11 for a coffee, $30 for 2 eggs, $12 for a couple of slices of toast and so on. We averaged $12-140 for breakfast each day. We copped all of this but it just left a very sour taste.

My wife made the remark that the prime customer is a business traveller who is not paying out of their own pocket so they don't worry and don't complain. This makes some sense. However we stayed at the Four Seasons Beverley Wiltshire and we found the exact opposite - ie the restaurant prices were very good.

In many respects they would have been better charging a higher room rate and making the food and beverage prices close to sensible.

Would we go back - as a family it is a definite no because of the issues above.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Robert-J01
Dear Robert-J01,

It was a pleasure readfing your review until I got to the paragraph about the F&B pricing, we must have made some mistakes with the billing. Can you please email me at daniel.simon@fourseasons.com, so I can review it with you.

Best Regards

Miami, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Booked the hotel about 5 months ahead of time... had 2 nights in Tokyo and wanted to be near the train station. Family was traveling with me, so thought that would be convenient. Location is perfect- 2 minute walk from Tokyo Station if you exit the Yaoue(?) South doors (opposite side of Marunouchi exits. Just out the south door and take a right. The hotel only has 7 floors (rest of the building is an office complex it seems) but the staff treats you like you were the only guests in the whole hotel. They were WONDERFUL with my two young boys- made them cookies with their names on them before arrival.... even had a personalized coloring sheet/survey form for my oldest son. Nice touch. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Concierge falls all over themselves to be of service--- gave us step by step directions to anywhere we wanted to go plus drew it on a map plus gave us phrase cards to use to show people if we got lost (our Japanese is limited). The restaurant and bar are nice, but nothing out of this world. Gym is better than average. Spa is great. Peaceful, quiet, relaxing, and close to the action if you want that. Definitely gets my stamp of approval.

Dear tjelke_13

Thank you for writing your review of our little hotel. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and the services that the staff provided. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon again.

Best

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

If you are flying into Narita and taking the Narita express, this hotel is just a few minutes walk from the station. We chose it based on that, and our trust in the Four Seasons brand.

Pros: The rooms are quite new and unusually large for Tokyo, very nice decor. Every other pro is what you would expect from 4S --- everything is perfect and service is great. We stayed under the Fine Hotel and Resorts Program from Amex, under which we got free in-room Shiatsu massages, which were excellent.

Cons: We had room 510 and 511 and the views were non existent. Tokyo to me is kind of blah anyway, and this hotel is no exception. But if I had to be in Tokyo, it'd probably be here or the Grand Hyatt Roppongi (but that is a real hike from Tokyo station)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank 6ContinentsNCounting
Dear 6ContinentsNCounting,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel, yes we are very close to the station and I am not sure if you took advantage of our complimentary Tokyo Station platform greeting service. The view varies from room to room, we have a selection of rooms that faces Tokyo Station and that is quite mesmerizing to view the Bullet trains come in and out of the station. I am glad that you enjoyed the services and the guest room (minus the views). We are actually renovating our rooms at the moment (soft good only so no noise) and I hope we can entice you to come back soon again.

Daniel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 101 in Minato
4.5 of 5 stars 2,028 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi? Share your experiences!