“Japanese only: No foreigners please” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sky Bus Tokyo

Sky Bus Tokyo
2-5-2 Marunouchi | Mitsubishi Buiding 1F, Chiyoda 100-0005, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)
+81 3-3215-0008
Website
Improve this listing
UK/Canada
21 attraction reviews
“Japanese only: No foreigners please”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I love big red bus like tours (Londons is a must do) and this would be a fantastic tour if it was guided. The live guide is in Japanese and the plug your headset English version is awful. 70 of the 80 minutes spent listening to bad elevator music with the occasional commentating with almost no historical context. Add a very loud Japanese commentator in the background and you have a "must skip". Too bad.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Don't waste your time and money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

We took this tour today and thought it was a waste of time and money. 1500 JPY each for 45 minutes. Only 1 out of 4 routes is available to other than Japanese speakers. We were assigned seats which meant that everyone was in the back of the bus grouped together. The narration was not very informative. We think the City Sightseeing Bus company would do a better job since they offer usually 8-10 different prerecorded languages that are GPS driven so all you need are new headsets as you enter the bus. On the positive side, the bus was the cleanest we have seen compared to many other cities in the world.

Visited March 2011
San Jose
7 attraction reviews
“Get your translator tape before boarding”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

This tour was one of my few disappointments in Japan. The actual tour itself is average but their customer service is not. After rushing us rather briskly onto the bus to start the tour, I asked for my English translation headset. They had forgotten it. I had explicitly asked before getting on board and they assured me it would be available once I stopped holding up the line and got on board to my seat.

They did refund my money but not for my companion whose experience was also ruined desperately trying to translate for me during the tour.