“Luxury in Tokyo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo

You added Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-8-3 Marunouchi | Marunouchi Trust Tower Main, Chiyoda 100-8283, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Melbourne, Australia
“Luxury in Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed 6 nights. They were the most pleasant 6 nights we've had in any hotel for quite a while. The location was perfect next to Tokyo Station and Daimaru. Our room on the 32nd floor overlooked Tokyo Station and the Imperial Park (glimpses only). Our room was sumptuous, quiet and the 12+ inch shower head was amazing! the staff were incredibly courteous and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are well soundproofed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Yes, everything is perfect in this Hotel. The rooms are spacious (rare for Tokyo), the location perfect, the service over attentive, and the food divine. Only criticism is the cost but then this dis Tokyo after all! A big plus is the quick access to the express trains to Narita!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, so there is no need to pay a premium for the more expensive rooms!
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been to Tokyo at least 2 time a year, usually stayed in the hotel with family and friends. Never disappointed! The service was truly excellent. The location was very convenient. All staffs were always helpful and attentive. They have always remembered my favorite things. In my last trip, my father did not feel well, the staff tried everything to make him feel better. That was simply impressive. I would like to say thank you to all staffs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place makes The Westin look 2 star by comparison. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Service was all excellent and they really helped out with me travelling with a 4 and 7 year old.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

kohima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

An excellent hotel. Can't really fault it on a any front. We had stayed here as a group of friends in September 2013 on a holiday trip. Well located near Ginza, which is thee shopping destination in Tokyo. The service is impeccable. Most of my reviews on trip advisor always have the ups and downs but here I cannot come up any any complaint of any sort after our five days stay. The check-in was as smooth as silk-they had our room numbers and keys ready as we got down from our car. Every staff of the hotel knew my name, even when I was passing them at the lobby or the lift. I had requested for an early check in through an e-mail as we were arriving in Tokyo early and though we did not get an assurance in the reply, the request was fulfilled. The breakfast is excellent with the friendliest and most hospitable staff. My friends enjoyed the Japanese breakfasts, as for me I stuck to my good old English breakfast. Everything was perfect. The stinky soybean in the Japanese breakfast was loved by all of us. The Japanese restaurant is a must try. A pity, we did not try the Italian food. The bar is also excellent with a gem of a bartender. Can't remember his name, but thank you my friend. The concierge was more than helpful and walked the extra mile to make our stay almost perfect. They did everything for us, even running to nearby stores to arrange tickets for whatever event we wanted to attend. Cars were arranged in time, food reached in time in the most presentable manner, etc. on departure my colleague dropped his wallet in the car, I called the guest relations officer and within minutes the wallet came back to the airport. Thanks again. And yes, not a single problem with communicating in English with any staff, from house keeping to bell girls. Just a slight bit of a mention, if at all, was the check out took more than normal time, because I was checking out for all the rooms with payments in USD and card. I had requested for all bills to be billed against one room when checking in so that checking out would be quick but this did not happen and I spent about 40 minutes checking out, if not more. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes definitely and recommend it to others as well. This was also my first stay at a Shangrila hotel, and if this is their global standard, then I will surely be looking out for this chain in my other travels. So far as location is concerned, it's a perfect place to stay when on business or shopping.

Room Tip: Get a bay view room. You get a great view of the concrete jungle and the view at night is quite magn...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My sixth stay here and it just gets better. The location, great views and highly efficient staff really
make this hotel #1 in Tokyo. The rooms are large and beautifully appointed, with every modern convenience you could wish for. The pool and sauna are most welcoming after a busy day of meetings and the gym, although lacking some fairly standard equipment is good enough for a basic workout. I always have breakfast in Piacere on the lobby level, rather than in the club lounge. If this breakfast room doesn't make you feel excited about you day, then little else will.!
Here, there is layer upon layer of luxury fittings, all tastefully brought together. The service is impeccable, with European management also in attendance. I look forward to my next stay.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Conveniently located above the main train station in Tokyo (Tokyo Station), the Shangri-la offers easy access to regional trains, subway, buses and walking distance to many major attractions including the Imperial Palace, Ginza, Nihonbashi, Tsikiji Market, etc.

Hotel lobby offers a paranomic view of Tokyo and on a good day, you can even see Mt Fuji in the west. Easily one of the best hotels in Tokyo.

Staff are friendly and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo? Share your experiences!