“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo

You added Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-8-3 Marunouchi | Marunouchi Trust Tower Main, Chiyoda 100-8283, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Chaska, Minnesota
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is incredible. Dont go for just one night. Stay longer! We could only stay one, the night before we left. So close to the station which made getting around really easy. Great staff and very helpful. The horizon club is fantastic, and the rooms are amazing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love Tokyo and this hotel added to everything thing I love about this city. This was my 4th trip to Tokyo and my 1st stay at the Shangri-La.

Since the Tokyo train system is once of the best most people including myself prefer to ride the train that a car. My wonderful experience started with the hotel once I booked my train ticket from Narita station to the Marunouchi station. The hotel concierge explained that this station was large and challenging to navigate if your first time to that station. She insisted on meeting me on the train track and all I needed to do was provide my train number and car number. Upon exiting the train the concierge was dressed with a hotel sign waiting for me and to help navigate my way through the VERY busy station. I think we walked for approx 15 minutes just to get through the station as the trains traveling to and from the airport are in a different part of the station from the trains that most take around Tokyo. The crowd was also larger than normal because they had recently opened up that portion of the station after years of renovations and both tourists and locals were taking photos of the renovated station.

The Shangri-La is a beautiful hotel and I was greeted with a smile from the front desk staff upon check-in and escorted to the elevator where I was met by the bellman at my room door with my bags. I had two twin/double beds but after a long flight and wonderful reception I was not complaining, nor did I complain at any part during my stay. The room was very nice and modern with a view of Tokyo. The meeting space this hotel has is amazing the ballroom doors have crystals in all the door handles and mirrors, simply beautiful.

Breakfast was included in my negotiated room rate every morning and I ordered the same coffee and sparkling water the staff had it ready once I sat down. This again adds to the service that the Shangri-La and provides in making sure their guests are comfortable. I had high tea in the lobby lounge one afternoon, it has some great views of the city but high tea is expensive, keep in mind Tokyo in Oct was listed in the 5 top most expensive cities in the world. I often thought that I was the only one in the hotel on business as most people looked like they were only there to lounge and enjoy the view. None the less I would recommend a cup of tea or a glass of champagne while sitting back and enjoying the view. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Tokyo on business or pleasure as the train station is less than a 3 minute walk (central Tokyo lines) and you can get to most locations via train including the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Shangri-La Hotel in Tokyo. Used the Limousine service to and from the airport as I was afraid to use the train. Excellent service throughout this hotel, all the staff are courteous and will go out of their way to do anything to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Next to the Yaesu side of Tokyo Station. Arrange for hotel staff to guide us to hotel via Narita Express (located at Basement 5 of Tokyo Station which is huge). The staff already waited for us when we stepped out of the train.

Lobby is not located at ground floor but not a problem at all.
I stayed for 4 nights (3 nights in premium room, 1 night in horizon club) and checkin was good. last night when i need to swap rooms, the luggage was moved to new room and getting new keys for the room was a breeze.

Concierge was excellent. They already assisted before we checkin by helping via email on some queries. They also have the portable wifi router and price is reasonable.

Everything in the room worked as it should. Fantastic large rooms (especially for Tokyo standards) and bathroom was also excellent. Room is also very clean.

Loved it!

Room Tip: Horizon Club is worth it if you spend more time in the hotel. Breakfast can be in-room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Only one night in this beautiful hotel, and what a shame. This place is elegant, guests are treated with a high level of courtesy, and the rooms are amazing. My large room with a king bed overlooked the city, and so did my bath tub! The amenities were all you could expect. Never got a chance to use the fitness center or pool. The lobby bar was a great way to start the evening. This place is expensive, but worth it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room ending in "19". You'll really enjoy the view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very modern hotel next to Tokyo station. Ginza (shopping district) and the imperial gardens are in walking distance. The atmosphere in the hotel is pleasant and the staff is very helpful. Our room was on the 37th floor and offered great views towards the Bay of Tokyo. Will definately stay here again if going back to Tokyo!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We managed to get a really good corporate rate here which was a great start, especially for Japan 5* prices. We also stayed in the Park Hyatt during the same visit, to see different sides of Tokyo so have something to compare. The Hotel is located extremely close to the Tokyo station, which is so convenient (if you take the right exit). So it is easy to come here straight from the airport as the Narita Express goes direct to Tokyo Station. It is also a stone's throw away from Marunouchi area, which has nice high end shops, and lots of great restaurants for lunch (not just japanese cuisine) which was a relief, especially the Dean and Deluca close by. It is also very easy walking distance to Ginza area (20 mins) and the Imperial Palace Gardens (15 mins).

We did have to wait a rather long time for the room to be ready, as my brother tried to check in early at 11:30, but we didn't get the room till just before 3pm, which was a little disappointing. The hotel lobby is actually based on the 28th floor if I recall correctly, which makes for great views once you are there, with a nice bar and a lot of people having afternoon tea, we didn't get chance to try that. The rooms are fantastic, contemporary and really big! Much bigger than we expected, and we were in a standard twin. The bathroom was the best, extremely comfortable with heated tiles in the shower / wet room. They also had the latest version of the special Japanese style toilets, I later discovered there are older ones, with less functions in other places and hotels.

The views were fantastic , we were on the 33rd floor and the electric blinds were perfect for keeping the light out. The beds were reasonable, not firm enough for my liking, but still got a good night sleep. The service was also excellent.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, particularly for the location and proximity to the Tokyo station, but also the neat modern rooms were just want you want in this city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo? Share your experiences!