“Luxury at its finest!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-8-3 Marunouchi | Marunouchi Trust Tower Main, Chiyoda, Tokyo Prefecture 100-8283, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 59 hotels in Chiyoda
Perth, Australia
“Luxury at its finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have just returned from our trip to Japan and this hotel was exceptional. Beautifully stunning rooms, luxurious throughout with absolutely everything you could ever need to make you feel comfortable. No cutting corners at this hotel, you get the best quality of everything. The staff are definitely what make this 5 star hotel special. The staff are so welcoming, and go out of their way to accommodate any request. Very polite, service was outstanding and the food was absolutely delicious - what an amazing spread for breakfast, I have never seen anything like it.
Location is excellent, right next to Tokyo station, we watched the bullet trains come and go from our window. Incredible view of the city.
We arrived on the 1st January 13 and when I had previously booked my trip through my travel agent, they could not get any tours as all tour companies were closed for the New Years break. However Shangri-La concierge managed to find us a private guide for 2 days to show us around Tokyo, we had a fabulous time, our guide showed us how to use the underground trains, took us to see the Emporer for his New Years greeting. It was just perfect. Thanks Shangri-La, your service is exceptional, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I can't find anything to fault this hotel at all...service was immaculate, staff spoke perfect english, the bell-girls were pretty, location fantastic and the room INCREDIBLE!
I do a lot of hotel inspection in my daily job so when i stayed in this hotel recently, I really really loved it.
First of all, the location is fantatsic. Right next to the Tokyo station which connects you to everywhere. Not to mention, Tokyo Station has lots of shopping and food places. I couldnt get out of this place everyday! haha! And Daimaru is also right at the station which has a lovely inexpensive food hall for takeaway. Lots of varieties and for people who are crazy over the Tokyo bananas, they have an outlet in the foodhall too!
Service was immaculate - the staff all spoke perfect english and was very helpful. Very often, the 5 star or 6 star hotels do not give you a feeling of warmth. Yes, they are all pretty and perfect and the staff all professional. What Shangri La Tokyo excelled in was combining professionalism with warmth...they always had a smile and that smile was genuine. It felt like "home" when I came back everynight. This is what makes a hotel click!
And the room...i can go on and on about the room!!!!! Most delightful! it was such a pleasure to stay in and sleep in. For the first time in my life, I actually wanted to stay in the room the whole day! My room had a lovely view overlooking the Imperial Gardens and I could even see the tip of Mt Fuji in the distance! The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were heavenly. Every evening, there was turndown service and it came with a different traditional Japanese snack each time. And I loved the bathroom! Like all Japanese hotels, the toilet bowl came with all the different buttons and functions...it was a clever toilet bowl! It opens up automatically everytime you walk near it and it closes on its own too! Japan technology! haha! But what I liked most was the shower cubicle with the bathtub in the shower cubicle. It had a huge rain shower, and keeping the rain shower on while you soaked in the bathtub was absolutely therapeutic! And the bathroom amenities came with lovely scented bath salts!
Thank you for a most lovely stay! and I cant wait to come "home" soon on my next trip!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

i have stayed in this hotel two times, last time on My Honey Moon in June 2012, the best thing was that the staff remembered me from my last visit in 2009 and offered me the same room i stayed in last time, the service was very personal and i dont think i will think of another hotel whenever i stay in Tokyo again, every dat they leave you a treat in your room with a personal message from the hotel staff everybody greats you by your name, they will help you even in things beyond your stay in the hotel, for instance the concierge planned my whole railway trip in Japan for the next two weeks in Japan, also arranged for my luggage to arrive at my last destination, the hotel location might be one of the best features your on top of Tokyo station and can get to anywhere in Tokyo from there also across Japan, i can go on and on but i belive you wont find a better hotel to Enjoy your stay in Tokyo :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

From the location, to the service to the attention to detail this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Lovely, efficient, discreet service and staff. I always take the train from Narita and walk to the hotel from Tokyo station. Much more of the experience than my colleagues who go in cars. I also walk to our offices from here and the general area. Great place, great location thoroughly recommended

Room Tip: Opt for a view of Mount Fuji. On a clear ( jet lagged) morning it is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Every detail is taken care of. Incredible, the staff of the hotel extremely friendly, breakfast and dinner great and the rooms very comfortable and great view. Design of the hotel well done. The best!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

The staff, food and service at Shangri-La are outstanding. We had a fabulous stay here. The people are lovely and super attentive. Especially Shioshi at the front desk, she was so helpful, even when our friend left things behind on the express train - not once, but twice. (Returned safely both times)
The position is brilliant too- so
Many great things to eat, do & buy in Tokyo Station- literally next door.
Thank you, Shioshi & Shangri- La Tokyo!

• Stayed December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is possibly the most impressive hotel I have ever stayed in for business, the room was a great size with all expected fixtures and fittings, the tech connectivity was huge, with all kinds of ports, cables and options for your room that you will probably never use!

When I am travelling, the WiFi in a hotel is hugely important, this was excellent (as you would expect in Tokyo) and free of charge!

The bed was comfortable and the room luxurious and modern, lighting was adjustable for day/night/reading from various control switches on the walls all well located.

The breakfast was good, they offered two options, a full buffet and a a la carte with partial buffet, both were of high quality.

We cruelly played a game when having evening drinks one night, we found that if you moved seats on the table you were at, the staff would move the drinks to you, we did this a few times, each time they drink, napkin and nuts follwed us around the table - as I said, cruel, but, a real indication of simply how excellent the service was!

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who can afford it, it's perfectly located right next to Tokyo Metro and the central train station and being on the 27th floor upwards you have no noise from the same.

The views anywhere in Tokyo are excellent if you are over 20 floors up and this hotel was no difference, with views of Mt Fuji, The Sky Tree and Tokyo Tower from the various bars and areas.

When I returned home to get into an elevator, I almost felt upset no one was there to bow at me and wish me a good day.

Truly amazing, next time I am in Tokyo, I will surely use this hotel, come hell or high water!

Room Tip: All rooms in our party seemed to be excellent!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo? Share your experiences!