“Unforgettable Dining experience with Ninja theme” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NINJA AKASAKA

NINJA AKASAKA
2-14-3 Nagatacho | Akasaka Tokyu Plaza 1 F, Chiyoda 100-0014, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)
+81 3-5157-3936
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Unforgettable Dining experience with Ninja theme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were told by one our friend in Tokyo to try Ninja restaurant. So we went there.
You need to make a reservation. They have set menu and ala carte. The set menu is easier to get seat reservation and if you bring kids, they only provide slot at 5-7pm only.
I recommend to pick the set menu as the restaurant serves Japanese fusion food and to make it easier for me I picked the set menu. We can just sit down and enjoy the food. They have 7 courses set menu which is very good.

The great and unique experience started at the time you enter the restaurant and walk through the dark aisle with ninja trap.

Once you all are set on your table, the set menu will be served. The food is amazing.
It has been a great evening for me and family.

Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
Lund, Sweden
“The most amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant was by far the best dinner experience I have ever had in my entire life. After having been led to our table by "our" ninja, we found ourselves in what seemed like an underground ninja village. Having been shown to our cubicle, we were served with both traditional dishes as well as superbly themed dishes that were all just with the perfect level of detail to follow the restaurant theme.

Even though the price was slightly heftier than on other restaurants, I would definitely recommend anyone visiting Tokyo to take the trip to Ninja-Akasaka - it is absolutely worth it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu
“Interesting theme restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is dining in a dark cave and being constantly surprised by what the ninja staff would do next. Our party of five ordered a la cart and shared at least ten items. The entertainment was the primary reason we went but the food was fresh, tasty and creatively presented. The menu offered a variety of dishes, including steak, so it was good to sample as many dishes as possible. Drinks were interesting but stick to the beer and sake.
The highlight was magic performed by one of the ninjas but then again there were a lot of wows with the presentation of each dish.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Best experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This restaurant is a really nice place in Tokyo. From the minute you enter to the very last moment they keep surprising you. The food is good for the price. I do bot agree with the $ classification it is more like $$ but being Tokyo an expensive city the price is good.

Viterbo
“Nice experience, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

One thing: you come here for the whole experience, not only for the food.

If you're looking for a good Japanese restaurant, then search elsewhere, as there are plenty of other less pricey solutions.

If you're looking for ninja, instead, you're in the right place.

The place itself has the right ninja atmosphere, with tricks here and there, dark, good choice of lights and interesting details.

The food is good, but the portions are small. I would highly advice to go with the 5,999¥ (6,000¥) course, as I believe a normal person would be full in a human way. I eat pretty much, but I was full before the dessert, which is a good thing.

If you have "problems" with food, instead, I'd tell you to eat a snack at McDonald's before coming here, or not coming here at all, otherwise people will have to read your complaints on Tripadvisor.

The ninja serving at the table are as good as other Japanese waiter/waitress, keeping up with the ninja atmosphere. I believe it would be cooler if they cover their faces, but probably they can't do it for some reasons.

So we ordered two 6,000¥ courses for me and my wife, some udon and other snacks for my little daughter (2 years) and some drinks, beers.

Ended up spending about 20,000¥, which would be definitely too much without the ninja experience.

From my point of view it's worth going once.

• Visited July 2014