“Average at best.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Alhambra en Granada Blvd. | Caguas, Caguas 00726, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Caguas
Palm City, Florida
“Average at best.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The receptionists at check in and at check out were very friendly and well informed. The problem, if you will, was the quality of the room. The carpet looked dirty or perhaps it needs replacing. The mirror in the bedroom had finger prints and they didn't belong to our party. The entire hotel didn't carry spring water only purified water, that's bizarre! Room service ends at 1030 PM. On the plus side, on the weekends they have security in the parking lot. Beware this property is definitely NOT Starwood material.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Flavia B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear NPC07,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to start by saying that we have the best staff and they consistently show their genuine caring for what matter the most to us which is you, our guests. I apologize for not fulfilling your expectations in some areas including cleanliness and condition. I would like for you to get in touch with me to share your room number and be able to fix the issues right away. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we want to make everything as simple and uncomplicated for you during your stay.

Hope to see you soon,

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time to stay in this hotel and in this area of Puerto Rico. The hotel is a little out in the middle of nowhere, but it is only about a 10 minutes up 52 to get to town and any restaurant you want. The pool is clean and was not crowded at all. We basically had the the whole pool to ourselves. We got upgraded to a suite, on the first floor. There is a full sized refrigerator in the room and a dining bar to eat at. theres a sitting room (den) and a bedroom, separated by double doors. Two flat screen TVs. this was unexpected. The view was still pretty good even if it was on the ground floor. Lush green forest all around. There is a golf course nearby, and when I come back, I will bring my clubs. The casino is next door and apparently is a favorite place of the locals. I was a lot disappointed to find out the only crap table in the place never opens. They did accommodate us when we wanted to play black jack, but didn't want to pay $10 a hand. They changed it to $5 and we sat down and played . Within thirty minutes the table was full. I guess the locals love it when the tourists come in,, because all of the tables were $10. The bartender Mylee in the hotel was very helpful and informative. As was the staff in the morning for breakfast. The entire staff was very helpful while we there. I just might have found another place in Puerto Rico that I love to visit!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Flavia B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Textrav14,

Thank you for staying with us, we are always happy to read that our guests were able to reach their potential. I am happy that we could accommodate you into a room more suitable for your stay. Also we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and so glad you took advantage of our features, amenities and simple pleasures. I will personally share the great comments about Mylee and the morning staff from our X.O Bistro, they will love to hear that were able to create a memorable experience.

We hope to see you again soon.

Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Not a bad place to stay. Most of the staff speak good english and ready to help you in any way. The hotel restaurant I found a little pricey as well the bar. Found much cheaper to go out and eat and have a few drinks.

When I checked in they gave me an option to go green. This means that they will empty my garabage change towels and that's pretty much it. For that I was given a $5 coupon that I could use at the hotel or redeem for points when I checked out. The beds are very comfortable and the air conditioning works great. I did hear a few people complaining about no hot water, but I never had an issue with that.

All in all a good hotel and I would come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Flavia B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Reg Cin,

Many thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a good place to stay. First I would like to mention that we do have a social responsibility towards the environment and for that reason we have achieved the Green Key Certification, an Eco – Label for tourism facilities that aims to contribute to sustainable tourism by awarding and promoting good initiatives.

A Green Key Certification demonstrates that the Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino has shown national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the environment through its wide-ranging initiatives and practices that involve our employees, guests and general public.

Second I want to apologize if you were inconvenienced by the cost of food here at the hotel and I will be sharing this valuable information to our Food & Beverage Team.

We hope to see you soon,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Just got out of the hotel it was good... Nice Casino and service...Love it... The Casino was great the member ship to the was fast but they don't give free game boucher to match bets at the tables just a raffle ticket. Over all good experience...

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Victor J,

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton at Caguas Real Hotel & Casino for your recent vacation. We truly value your feedback as a guest and appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your Casino experience and will be sharing your comments regarding some extras. Please come back and see us soon for another Honest, Uncomplicated and Comfortable stay.

I remain at your service,
PR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Me and my family spent a weekend here to relax and enjoy time together. This is a small hotel but is very clean and employees are very polite. It has a huge casino so if your like that kind of activities this hotel is for you. Pool is nice and excellent for small children. Restaurant is a little expensive but there are plenty of fast food restaurants near by. Would go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Formandy,

Many thanks for sharing your experience and feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time to include details about the property and our simple pleasures available to our guests. I will be sharing your comments regarding the restaurant prices with our Food and Beverage Team. Thank you again and looking forward to have you back with us.

I remain at your service,

York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed one weekday night. When we checked in, we were told our parking slip was 'Validated', but when it was time to check out, we learned that 'Validated' meant $10 parking to stay at the hotel. I do not know how much it costs to park at the adjacent casino. Room and bathroom was clean.

Our reservation was messed up. We had booked and pre-paid for a room with a king sized bed, but when checking in at 3pm, we told all that was left was a room with 2 double beds, on the ground floor. We took this because we did not feel like we had a choice.

Service at bar was lacking. And this was after the dinner rush, hardly anyone in the place. I ordered a Mojito and my husband a beer. He got his beer. I waited for mojito. When I asked one server about the Mojito, it was kind of indicated that someone had to get the mint next door. (Which I assumed meant from the casino bar.) After my husband ordered and received another beer. I asked again about my mojito, and was told there was no mint. I understand if they cannot make a drink because they do not have ingredients, but I wish they had just told me that from the start. I then ordered a pina-colada, which was fine. But by the time it was brought to me, my husband was done his second beer, and we both felt we were ready to leave since it was so late. The food we ordered was good. We split a sandwich, large enough for two.

We will not stay here again. A vacation should be relaxing, not stressing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Donna08046,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the opportunities that arose throughout your stay with us. While I am glad you found our rooms to be clean and the food good, I know that the opportunity with the lack of responsiveness with the "Mojito" was really stressful to you and unacceptable. If you'd like to discuss this in further detail, please reach out to me at fbonilla@fourpointspr.com. Thanks for your feedback and we hope you will reconsider and return for another stay in the future. We would love the opportunity to provide you with an Honest, Uncomplicated and Comfortable experience.

Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Since I get to this hotel the service was excellent all the staff was very helpful to make my stay very pleasant. First of all the room (stay at 207 room) - I have a two bed room with a extra large TV (very nice) with a nice mountain river view. I have some problem with the WiFi reception but as soon as I call the reception area they send me a technician that resolve my problem very quickly. The bathroom was OK and includes a coffee maker. One thing that its not great its that you will hear every step from the persons that are on your floor and on the upper floor. One complaint that I have its that apparently they have problems with the plumbing and they were cleaning it and the sound was horrible. On the second floor they have a common room to relax or just to talk with somebody. I ate lunch at XO le bistro restaurant some rice and beans and turkey the food was good but a little cold but the lady that attend us was very nice. The pool its great for kids because it includes two water slides and another thing that it is like a umbrella that springs water (super cool for the smaller ones),the maximum on the pool its 5 feet. Inside the hotel they have a hertz rent a car and a gym. The casino have a lot a slot machines and gambling stuff and one thing that its great its that they have a lot of 1 cent machines. They have a activity center call Avocado.The hotel have a $10.00 parking fee.
PD -- Its a very easy to find hotel if you came from San Juan before the Caguas toll take that exit you will see the hotel sign

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vidal G,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our beautiful property for your recent family vacation. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our product, simple pleasures and service. Also I was happy to see that our caring staff was able to fix the problem to your satisfaction and on a timely manner. Thanks again for posting a review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

fbonilla@fourpointspr.com

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!