“Thematic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
San Juan, PR
“Thematic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Excellent food, huge plates so dont order one for each person. They have many atractions on all over the place so you can entertaint until you wait your table. Good place and average prices.

11% Recommend
“Comida bien mala.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

Visite el Restaurant el Dia de Reyes con mi familia. Cuando llegamos nos explicaron que solo estaban aceptando pagos en efectivo ya que tenían problemas con el sistema, esperamos 5 minutos y nos sentaron. Ordenamos 2 platos principales para 5 adultos ya que los platos son suficiente para compartir. Nos sorprendió que el primero de los platos llego en unos 15 minutos a pesar de que era un plato elaborado "El Fajaso del Toro". Lo que nos sirvieron tenía apariencia de que no estaba bueno antes de probarlo. Esto era un churrasco relleno de yuca y envuelto con tocinera. Estaba frío, obviamente estaba cocido hace varios días y sabia a grasa, yo como de todo aunque no este muy bueno pero esto estaba horrible, nunca me había comido algo tan malo. El otro plato que también vino acompañado de papas frías y fritas con unos tostones congelados y fritos en aceite viejo fue el "Trío de Espadas", pollo y cerdo BBQ que me dice mi familia estaba Ok, no lo probé ya que deje que mis padres, suegra esposa e hija comieran mientras yo me maltrataba comiendome un churrasco que vino en ese plato que también estaba frío y malo. Ahí llegaron tres mofongos de plátano que ordenamos, fríos sosos y súper malos también. Luego de esta mala experiencia llego la cuenta, $178.00 con la propina incluida obligatoriamente. No me molesta pagar por algo que valga la pena pero este lugar es de lo peor que he visitado. No critico por criticar, puede parecer una opinión cargada de alguien molesto, la realidad es que no vuelvo ni lo recomiendo. Si el dueño de este lugar no hace algo pronto estoy seguro que tiene que cerrar. El lugar es bonito y pintoresco y no merece una experiencia tan mala.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

My family invited me over to have lunch with them at this place, since I am with them for the holidays. After being seated we had to wait 15 minutes until someone came to ask us if we wanted something. Frappes tasted terrible. Appetizers were not bad, just badly presented with wilted lettuce. When the main course arrived it was just a big plate filled up with cold french fries and poorly cooked meat. We wanted out FAST. When paying, we were asked if we wanted to leave a tip, but the ticket already had a 15% service charge, that when asked about it, he just told us it was a tip but for everybody and that the waiter would only get about 50 cents out of that. Notice that the ticket was already over $100. We asked how could that be and he just said, "Is it that difficult to understand".

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Not worth the money!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011 via mobile

When we arrived there was no one at the restaurant. It was 5:00pm and the only clients were my husband and me. The sorullitos de maiz were good. They were 5.99 which is ok. Now we had mofongos. My husband had shrimp mofongo that was 28.00!!! I had mofongo de carne Frita. The carne Frita was overcooked. We had a side of tostones and a side of rice that we packed to go. Our bill was 84.00! For 2 people. It's not worth the price. The food is not fancy at all. Puerto Rican food is not expensive and That is not a fancy restaurant. The value of what we are was about 50.00 tops!! We Don't recommend it at all!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Now let me just start by saying that the food was really good, however for what I paid for I probably could have cooked the same meal at home. Never in my life have I paid so much for desert. Not even, at the fanciest bakery, would I have paid the $11.99 for a "Tres Leches" serving for one. As if the prices were not ridiculuos enought let's talk about service. I can understand when at places like KFC the attendant forgets to place the fork and spoon inside the bag, even at the sushi bar there are chop sticks to grab your food with; but come on when I'm paying more than $10.00 a plate and I'm eating thinks like RICE I need something to pick it up with. As if that was not enough the waitress, (maybe I didn't get her sense of humor) not only she forgot to bring us utensils but she also forgot to take our order, place plates and even bring us something to drink. We can say that we felt like GHOST CUSTOMERS. At one point we requested more soda to which she replied: "we do not offer refills" as if she thought I was requesting free stuff or something like that. She brought our order completely wrong and when asked about the plate, she replied "it's a different cut". LOL My granddaughter looked at her and said "there is a BIG difference between a chicken breast and churrasco. I know my food". At the end, she had the NERVE to present the ticket with not even a suggested, but a mandatory 15% service charge. Ja,Ja,Ja. I obvoiously looked at the waitress and ask her if the 15% was mandatory and the FUNNY FUNNY girl simply knodded yes with a smile. So I approached the cashier and told her about the great food and awful service and explain all details. In the end I paid the bill in cash and you bet I DID NOT tip for the worst service ever!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2011