“Disappointing ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dreyeroord

Hotel Dreyeroord
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oosterbeek
Hotel Dreyeroord
You added Hotel Dreyeroord to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Graaf van Rechterenweg 12 | Oosterbeek, 6861 BR Oosterbeek, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oosterbeek
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Turned up after a long tiring motorcycle trip to discover no bar (we needed a beer!),and no restaurant ! Room 6 is ok but the bathroom is incredibly small. Breakfast was let down after our German breakfasts. Staff when visible were charming and the gardens are pretty.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Great location for visiting the sites associated with Operation Market Garden. Easy walking distance to the Arnhem Oosterbeek War Cemetery and the Airborne Museum Hartenstein. Other sites and memorials are within a short car ride.

The hotel is welcoming and hospitable. It is run by the family van der Straaten. In winter, it is not so busy. On this valentine's weekend, there were only a few rooms booked. The rooms are clean and warm and comfortable. The common areas are great for relaxing.

The family were very helpful in making restaurant recommendations and other advise.

Now if you are hoping to book here for the 70th anniversary in September, I would not give you much encouragement. They have been booked full for over 3 years. But I would recommend this hotel any time you can get a room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairo Montenotte, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

First of all, I would like to speak about Dreyeroord considering it just an hotel. Afterwards I will also explain how I love this hotel.
The staff is composed by the kindest persons I ever meet in my life, they are ready at anytime(and without extra costs) to offer you a cup of coffee and to make conversation as well to support you for any need...
The building is part of the history: it served, during the WWII as headquarter of a Scottish Division (the hotel is also known as "White House" as the Scottish renamed it). It is possible to feel the history by walking inside the hotel.
Rooms are big and confortable, maybe bathroom not so big but everything inside works in the good way!
The hotel has several parking facilities and it is 2 min far from the train station and bus/tram station. 5 minutes far from Airbone Cemetry , 5 min far from Oosterbeek downtown, with its shops, café and restaurants and 5 min from Airborne Museum and the Hartenstein park. Arnhem, Burgers'zoo and all other touristics sites can be reached by bus.

Now it's time to be sentimental.
This hotel is definitely my second home because I spent a total of two months there due to several business trips over two years.
When I missed home, I just have a walk inside the beatiful and relaxing park of Dreyeroord and all my homesick went down....and please trust me, my business trips in the Netherlands are now finished but sometimes I miss Dreyeroord Hotel, even when I'm at home....

Daniele from Italy

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in order to visit the Arnhem and Oosterbeck area and take part in the annual Airborne walk commemorating Operation Market Garden which took place in 1944.
The Hotel is a lovely building less than 5 minutes walk fom the local railway station and bus stop from where you can easily get to Amsterdam etc.
The Hotel is charming, combining attentiveness with a relaxed approach. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff helpful.
Having stayed on my own this time I intend to return next year with my family.
I would recommend this establishment to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in this charming little hotel while cycling in the Oosterbeek and Arnhem area, and would happily visit again. We loved the location with access to the train stop, the Airborne Museum, war cemetery and outlying cycle trails.

This is a small hotel with a limited number of rooms, but the benefit was evident in our ability to get to know most of the staff and the owner. Their attention to customer service throughout our stay was exceptional, and several times went 'above and beyond' normal service. Breakfasts were excellent and substantial, allowing us to properly start our daily 50 km cycling journeys. Twice we enjoyed the 'Chefs special' evening meals in the hotel as well.

We accessed rental bikes through the hotel, and while they were adequate for our needs they were clearly geared to a more casual use than what we intended. The free WiFi throughout the hotel was much appreciated, as was the unlimited free coffee and tea in the room and lounge throughout our stay.

Not surprising for an older European hotel, the bathroom was a little tight! But then again, we didn't book this expecting the 'formula' accommodations available in larger chain hotels. We wanted comfortable beds, good food, good location, free WiFi, and an authentic European experience, and the Dreyeroord delivered. It has character!

If I could suggest a couple improvements, I would like to see an improved website and a little more attention to housekeeping (for example the coffee service in the room didn't look like it had been moved or cleaned in a while). But these were minor concerns and wouldn't stop me from booking again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My daughter and i flew to Amsterdam to see the Airborn Museum and my daughter to go to a concert. Hotel Dreyerood was a great place to stay, Staff very friendly and helpful, The meals were great and plenty of TV channels in your room to watch.
This hotel has plenty of History from WW2 and is walking distance to the Airborn Cemetary and Museum.
We stayed Saturday and left on a Monday. The only thing that was strange i thought was the nearby shops were all closed on Sunday so not much variety apart from a Petrol station to buy food. So lunch was na problem but the breakfasts and dinners at the hotel were fantastic so why look for somewhere else to go.

Room Tip: We had a connecting room and both of these were pretty good. The only thing that i could possibly sa...