What struck me was when looking out from the Costa Rican mountains over the infinity pool at the pacific coastline.. That the owner distracted me by saying-- 'over here is the bar, make what you want whenever you want; just pencil it on your tab-- it's the honor system here,, when your here you're family..'
It really is like staying with relatives that happen to own a resort.. And the service is unrivaled. The owners literally make all the phone calls and drive you to where you want to be. I also found it very cool to not feel like a tourist,, this place is much off the beaten path which adds greatly to the character and romance of Cristal Azul. Amazing value and trip.
Oh and the food is spectacular!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul Boutique Retreat offers discerning travelers a perfect touch of luxury off the beaten path. Stunning views and simple elegance await the adventurous spirit looking for the ultimate in privacy, comfort and tranquility in a pristine and remote tropical setting. Private Chef, Farm to Table/Mar a Mesa Typical Cuisine. 4WD and love of adventure required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel