I found this hotel by accident in a travel forum and what a lucky day that was. It takes you forever to get there because you have to take a very long dirt road but it's quite worth it. We were supposed to stay a night on our way south and ended up staying there 3 nights. And only left because we had reservations elsewhere that were non refundable.
We didn't explore the area as we took the time to rest, read, eat and do nothing else. The view is truly breathtaking and the food is delicious (we asked Zene to cook us dinner).
Zene and Henner are the best hosts and will go the extra mile to make their guests confortable. Thanks guys and sorry for the delay in reviewing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul Boutique Retreat offers discerning travelers a perfect touch of luxury off the beaten path. Stunning views and simple elegance await the adventurous spirit looking for the ultimate in privacy, comfort and tranquility in a pristine and remote tropical setting. Private Chef, Farm to Table/Mar a Mesa Typical Cuisine. 4WD and love of adventure required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel