“Great place, good spot to stay when in the area.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thaba Nkwe Bushveld Inn

Thaba Nkwe Bushveld Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thabazimbi
Thaba Nkwe Bushveld Inn
Save Saved
You added Thaba Nkwe Bushveld Inn to your Saves list
R510, Thabazimbi 2000, Thabazimbi 0380, South Africa   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thabazimbi
Madras, Oregon
“Great place, good spot to stay when in the area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

2rIt seemed a bit overpriced considering the number of open chalets. That said, very nice area and place to stay. The bar is quite okay with many locals. Drinks at the bar are reasonably priced (except select shots--which were overpriced) but selection was limited. The barman is a pretty cool guy, and plays the guitar well. The restaurant looks interesting, very apt themed for the region. The steak meal is quite nice, it took forever to be prepared even though we were the only guests. The waitress, regardless of being very nice, was clueless about certain factors essential about serving guests: when ordering a specific drink she immediately claimed that could not be made there. (It included whiskey, Angustura and soda water which even this bar has.) Secondly, when ordering the Ellie sauce (has mushrooms) for my crumbed mushrooms, she said that wasn't a good idea and that I needed to order something else. Okay, a bit weird but the food was good.
The location is really close to town, and to Marekele Nature Reserve.
Not sure where the leopards are that the place is purported to have. If you are interested, then I guess you should ask because they are not very fore forth in sharing what amenities and activities are available on the property. A little information on these would have been helpful upon check-in. The pool is also very nice and all in all the grounds are well maintained. Even the ablution block bathrooms were nice, well-kept and modern. Laid back, not so uptight place. Nice stop over though, overall.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if available without extra charge (en-suite instead of using the central ablution...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rustenburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Now, whats better than to make a quick break away to recharge your internals?And to be able to have a haven that makes you feel like going home to family, makes me realize how honored I am to have discovered Thaba Nkwe.This is the kind of place where the term "staff" becomes meaningless and "going back to visit my FRIENDS" becomes part of your planning for next month.And boy that steak!!!! It is addictive!!! But so they say is the rest of the menu.I've had the steak and let me tell you,having been around, THERE AIN'T NO BETTER. For the rest of the menu,I'll keep you posted,for I am going back to visit MY friends.
When taking a game drive through that harsh Thaba bushveld,it opens your eyes to how difficult it must be to develop an area like that. Then again,everybody knows,"Afrika is nie vir pissies nie".Never the less,well done guys!
So to conclude,in my personal experience,the Thaba Nkwe experience is a must for everybody.To my friends there at Thaba Nkwe, thank you guys,for my home away from home and see you soon!
Wimpie & Elna

• Liked — very clean and neat
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pretoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

My family and I spent a weekend at Thaba Nkwe for the Landbou Skou and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We found the staff friendly and helpful. My children had a great time going on a horse ride and a game drive. All in all it was a relaxing and fun filled weekend. Thanks to all the Thaba Nkwe staff!

• Liked — Friendly staff & fun activities
  • Disliked — There are dirt roads.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennington, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

We returned 4 May 2008 from Thabazimbi Game and Tourism Expo. We thought we were booked in at Thaba Nkwe from 30 April to 4 May 2008 but the incompetant receptionist didnt have us listed on the reservations loose papers. We have anticipated more professionalism from frontline personnel, when we later discover how this lady was sitting at the bar making drinks with her friends. We were exhibitors at the Expo, and left at 7 in the morning returning after 7 at night. First morning we discovered that there was no water, and we were requested not to use the toilets because they are blocked. Some of the other campers inisiated to "stook die ketel" keep coals burning when or if water returned for us to have a little warm stream at least. Showerheads was blocked anyway leaving you jumping for the few drops that fell, to be able to get wet. Because of overbooking we returned to discover campers invading our little space on the frontstoep with there tents, they were loud and kept us awake till 3 in the morning. The facility couldnt cope with the electricity usage and occationally blacked out. Other complaints were aired with regard to unlockable cabins, with doors that does not shut.
It is a shame to have experienced Thabo Nkwe at this state and we are utterly dissapointed by the neglect of the owners. This is no truely South African pride, i would refer to it as greed.
I would never refer any of our international clients to them, they are not living up to the standards we anticipate from any such facility.

Been to Thaba Nkwe Bushveld Inn? Share your experiences!