“Good price and quality” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Barcelona Santa Coloma

You added Ibis Barcelona Santa Coloma to your Saves list
Ibis Barcelona Santa Coloma
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Pallaresa 73-79, 08924 Santa Coloma de Gramenet, Spain   |
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Good price and quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is quite far from the city center, but it has a good metro connection, so it is not a big problem. The hotel is new, the rooms are clean and quite spacious. Is is a basic hotel for the those who came to see the city and not to spend much time in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I recently stayed in Ibis Santa Coloma for 3 nights
This has got to be the worse place ever! I had booked a twin room but when I went to my room it was a double bed, they changed my room to a twin once I had to remind them of my original request. The twin room was had two tiny single beds joined together which was still a double bed! - No major difference!
I noticed there was no iron in the room so called and asked if I could have, I was told they had no irons available. after several calls to reception the next morning they managed to magically find an iron... this was a complete miracle.
I remember coming back from a night out and being looked at like a criminal, I was then approached and told that myself and my female friend had scared the male receptionist who was with the Police. I dont understand how he could be scared of 2 females who are 5'2
he then told me that he had to run a check on me as he had not seen me in this hotel and did not believe we were staying here- I believe he was racist and that why he had said this.
I work in a hotel which is actually part of Accor like the Ibis and have never heard of anything like this. Is it unsual for 2 females to walk into reception with their key cards in their hands and go up in the lift to their room? that does not sound like strange behaviour to me! he was unbelievable!
The breakfast was a complete joke! fruit and bread! they had nothing hot! even the coffee was cold! we tried to order some wine in the evening and wasnt asked if we'd like red or white they just gave us what they had....
We also asked if we could have fresh towels in the rooms and was told we would have to come to reception to collect them! all in all the customer service was terrible! I would recomend staying somewhere else! there are no shops near this hotel so dont expect to be able to buy anything close by.... it's located next to the metro which was the quickest way to escape! and that we did! BOOK ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

New quite hotel with very good price/quality. Nice clean rooms with good view. Quite far (25-30 min, walk + metro) but has good metro connection with direct line to Barcelona city center. Nice reception service, breakfast and free wifi internet

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hexham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed there in August and were very happy with the air conditioning. Short walk from the metro ( 10 minutes) and direct line to the heart of Barcelona.
A very clean hotel, friendly staff nd very convenient car park.
No tea or coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love Ibis.
I only had one small issue, when I checked in, because I was given a room which didn't seem to have been cleaned, but the situation was immediately and professionally solved.
Not sure what happened, but I don't think it's something they do regularly.

Other than that, the place is great. The area of Barcelona is beautiful. Too bad it's a bit far from all the points of interest I had during my visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is clean and the service was good. we had free internet access and you can check in at very late hours, as the reception is 24/7.

Even if the hotel is quite far from the center, you have good connection with the metro and the hotel employees are very helpful if you need anything.
Breakfast was more than enough for the money we paid for it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was excellent, we drove down and parked in the hotel car park which costs 8 euro per day but you can park for free on the road. It was a 10 to 15 minute drive into the centre of Barcelona from here, the receptionist did the usual of telling us not to drive as it easier to go on the metro - it isn't. Barcelona has car parks eveywhere and there is no problem driving in or parking.Santa Coloma itself is a dump and not worth even looking round, just use this hotel to to go into Barcelona. The hotel was airconditioned and was very comfortable, its brand new so was very well appointed. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are driving but if you do not have a car it would be easier to stay closer to the centre. The locals are not particularly friendly in this area and the local BP garage made you pay first - you always know your in a bad area when they do that. We got stared and pointed at by quite a few rough looking locals, may have been becuase they had never seen a right hand drive car before or because they were just unpleasant.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same