Just returned from a two week holiday in Goa, staying at the Oceanique in Colva. The hotel was fine and of a good standard, clean and nicely appointed. The rooms were spacious but with limited storage. The rooms were cleaned daily to a good standard, the bathroom was excellent. All the equipment worked i.e. air con, fridge, sat TV. The pool area was never that busy, with the pool boy looking after everyone with two towels per sun lounger! We had book fully inclusive but only eat on an evening twice, not because the food was no good, we always had breakfast and lunch when we had a day around the pool, no it was more that the food was so good and cheap everywhere else. We got a drinks included in the package but the range and quality were limited, ok if you like Kingfisher beer and local spirits with coke/mixer. Overall we were happy with the hotel and its location in relation to the beach and shopping area of Colva.
Our biggest disappointment was the standard of the resort and beaches of Colva. The local industry is fishing and the beach is were the local fishermen ply their trade, nothing wrong with that we have spent two previous holidays in Goa up at Calengute, its what happens once the fish have been landed. Hundreds and thousands of fish are laid out all over the beach sun drying and the smell is unbelievable!! If you don't like the smell of drying fish this resort is no good for you. Also you have to like living in and around a rubbish tip, where ever you look the are piles and piles of rubbish all over the place, with pigs, cattle, dogs and other creatures feeding of the mounds of rubbish at the sides of the road not just out in the country areas but in the town centre it self.
The people are lovely even the shop keeper who constantly pester you to 'Come look in my shop' but it is such a same the area stinks of fish are rotting rubbish.
I love Goa but Colva will not be seeing me again unless it cleans up its act.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst of lush green paddy fields, a whiff of sea air, a crafted beach resort, where you are assured to experience hospitality at its best. The Resort is ideal for everybody to have a great time of their life, with south Goa’s most popular white sand beach, the Colva is at a walk able distance of 500mts, offering exciting water sports and oodles of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Colva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearls Oceanique Hotel Colva
- The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Colva Goa