The Oceanic… is nothing of all it claims to be and pictures they use for advertisement are probably stolen from somewhere else: It is not on the beach, the advertized SPA does not exist, WiFi is outrageous expensive for being in India and personnel is not friendly nor really helpful. By the way, it is called now ‘Golden Palms’: they probably rebranded due to their bad reputation gained under the previous name.
The above was the better part as, when it comes to the rooms, they look way run down and well-populated by insects of all kind. When we were seen to our room, the food of previous guests welcomed us just before our door. I moved the rests to an area more distant from our door and there they remained ‘till the day we left, surrounded by insects and even a crow biting on them.
As we went into the room it stunk and several dead insects were scattered around the place. You’ll find that the floor is darker in the areas occupied by chairs or tables, this is because they clean around furniture (and cleaning is a big word if you consider the results). We found spider nests and ‘archeological’ dirt in all areas that were not easily reachable (under the bathroom mirror, around corners) and crusted dirt on each angular surface.
The bathroom does not have windows not is equipped with any air ventilation nor communication to the outside so it always stinks and the floor is usually dumpy. The bath tab is so dirty that you could not even think to use it.
I would not recommend to take any food from the buffet as it looks like it’s laying there since days.
They had us paying in advance for 2 days, otherwise I would have left before (and I was really longing to leave).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst of lush green paddy fields, a whiff of sea air, a crafted beach resort, where you are assured to experience hospitality at its best. The Resort is ideal for everybody to have a great time of their life, with south Goa’s most popular white sand beach, the Colva is at a walk able distance of 500mts, offering exciting water sports and oodles of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The Golden Crown Hotel & Spa Colva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearls Oceanique Hotel Colva
- The Golden Crown Hotel & Spa Colva Goa