Stayed at Golden Palms (formerrly Pearls Oceanique) from 6-17 December 2012.
It's a shame I didn't hook up with the British reviewer below as I was there at the same time. I'm a Brit too.
The hotel is a 5-10 mins walk from the beach. The shortest route is through a fishing village or you can have a nice 10 minute walk down the road. There are taxi's at the hotel to take you down to Colva Beach Road if you wish - 100 rupees or just over £1.
Almost everything about the hotel was excellent. The photos do do it justice.
The pool was cleaned everyday and it was refreshing dipping in. There are plenty of loungers and umbrellas if you want to stay in the shade. The pool bar is cheap and do snacks through the day.
All the rooms are pool facing either on the ground or first floor. Mine was on the ground floor so you can open up in front of the pool. All the rooms have a porch or balcony you can sit out on. The rooms have air con and a fan - so pleasant after walking around in Goa.
Rooms also have a fridge, kettle (with tea coffee facilities), plasma TVs (can get several movie and sports channels), 2 free bottles of water a day, and a lovely bathroom/shower. Excellent.
I went Bed and breakfast. The breakfast is buffet type with a good selection. I even went for the evening meal - buffet for 450 rupees.
All the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
While I was there the guests did seems to be lots of Russians and asian honeymooners - but it never felt crowded.
Colva itself is great - dead cheap and quiet. This is definitely not party central which is how I like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst of lush green paddy fields, a whiff of sea air, a crafted beach resort, where you are assured to experience hospitality at its best. The Resort is ideal for everybody to have a great time of their life, with south Goa’s most popular white sand beach, the Colva is at a walk able distance of 500mts, offering exciting water sports and oodles of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Golden Crown Hotels & Spa Colva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearls Oceanique Hotel Colva
- The Golden Crown Hotels & Spa Colva Goa