Stayed here from 9th December 2012 for 2 weeks.
The hotel is lovely with only 50 rooms each overlooking the pool. The pool is lovely and clean with plenty of sunbeds. We were the only brits here at the time, the other guests were mainly Indian honeymooners and Russians.
The food was good. Breakfast consisted of cereal, toast, an egg station, indian dishes, bacon, sausages, baked beans (with black eyed peas), mashed potato (?!) fruit and juices.
Lunch would be 2 variations of rice, a chicken curry, dall, fish curry, vegetables and a few other varieties of dish, yoghurt, ice cream and an Indian sweet. Dinner would be similar. There are also Naan breads at both lunch and dinner. There were a few occasions when there was nothing we fancied but the staff were superb and rustled something up for us.
The cutlery, crockery and glasses were the cleanest we have ever seen in a hotel - they were spotless!
The staff at this hotel made our holiday, they treated us like royalty and nothing was too much trouble, we made good friends with several of them. I have seen people moaning on Trip Advisor about the Reception staff, and we really have no idea what they are moaning about - if you treat people with manners and courtesy you will get the same in return.
The beach is about a 5 minute walk, and yes it does smell of fish - but hello, it's a fishing village! We can also recommend The Leda and Jamies in Colva if you fancy going somewhere else to eat - they were both excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst of lush green paddy fields, a whiff of sea air, a crafted beach resort, where you are assured to experience hospitality at its best. The Resort is ideal for everybody to have a great time of their life, with south Goa’s most popular white sand beach, the Colva is at a walk able distance of 500mts, offering exciting water sports and oodles of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Colva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearls Oceanique Hotel Colva
- The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Colva Goa