Hotel and Room: We took 3 rooms - 6 adults and 2 kids. Excellent hotel for the price you pay! Looks newly renovated. The room was wonderful! Looked fresh and balcony in the room opens up to well maintained swimming pool (small children's pool area and pool towels available). The room has a mini fridge, water heater for tea/coffee making, bath tub and a shower area. There were plug points to accomodate all international plugs,which is very thoughtful! Nice bed, lightings, TV and aircon in room. Had a safety locker as well.
Location: It is not just a stone's throw away from beach. The hotel is a good 5 mins walk from Colva beach. The beach was infested with Jelly fish. A lnumber of them were washed out to the shore and some live ones as well. We did not dare let our kids enter the water. There was a beach shack named Boomerang which served good food/drinks and had a beach volley ball court as well! There were sun beads at the shack.
Restaurant/Bar/food: The food at Bamboo top restaurant in the hotel was good. Breakfast buffet was great..not a huge spread but the ones which were available were good enough. We enjoyed it! The staff at restaurant were friendly. They just cleaned up after our 1 year old son without a twitch! Drinks at bar - enjoyable! Free cocktail from 8pm to 9pm was fantastic!
Transport for sight seeing: There is a taxi booking counter right outside the hotel. We travelled with a driver named Anthonio Rodriguez... he had a nice car (Toyota Innova). Powerful aircon for the hot weather in Goa and well maintained car. The guy was very friendly and reasonable in terms of the charges! You may ask for him...if you want to go around Goa.
Reception: Friendly folks except their lady boss who had an air of arrogance. But not bad at all. They gave us late check out until 2pm for two of the rooms.
Overall would recommend this hotel for anyone who would like to have a peaceful, relaxing vacation away buslting North Goa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst of lush green paddy fields, a whiff of sea air, a crafted beach resort, where you are assured to experience hospitality at its best. The Resort is ideal for everybody to have a great time of their life, with south Goa’s most popular white sand beach, the Colva is at a walk able distance of 500mts, offering exciting water sports and oodles of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Colva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearls Oceanique Hotel Colva
- The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Colva Goa