Its not often i'll make a point of reviewing a resort but I really felt compelled to do so in this case.
We spent 5 nights at this resort in early Feb and it was a nightmare. This resort was a big dissapointment and the list of issues it has are large.
Service - rude receptionists, incredible slow response to requests, generally unhelpful.
Cleanliness - the grounds are OK but the rooms are not clean. They get a quick once over each day by the cleaners but that is all. The bathroom was very dirty and there was mould on the walls. The door looked like no one had cleaned it since the 70's! We also had cockroach in the rooms on the first night. Twice they cleaned the room but forgot to put covers back on the bed after
Beds - may as well sleep on the ground. They are basically wooden beds with no springs and a thin, old grotty matress on top. Very uncomfortable. Unless you ask them we got a wool blanket to sleep under instead of sheets! Nice (not!)
TV - did not work
Aircon - too noisy to use at night so we used a fan instead
Pool - the pool was dirty. I went in it once all holiday. Looked like no one goes round cleaning the edges as it was very grotty. sunloungers were probably still the originals from the 1970's and there was no shade.
Breakfast - appauling. Cold Omelette, cornflakes and hard toast. There was no fresh fruit or juices and no chance of basic extras (like sausage or bacon). It was an appauling breakfast. After the first day we went to the beach shacks to eat. I noticed some people ordering breakfast extras off a menu there, perhaps this is a ploy of the resort?
Noise - this resort seems to specialise in conventions and weddings! We had a 5 day works convention there, a wedding and a birthday party. Each had a huge party and music at night and kept us awake until the early hours. The works people were rude and they even used our balcony to work on! They stared at my wife when she lay by the pool. We complained about this an got no help from the staff at all.
Staff - some of the staff were nice but some were downright creeps. One of them was caught trying to video my wife on his mobile phone when she was sunbathing and got a right telling off. I heard of another spying on someone in the shower (unconfirmed).
As I said I normally would not review somewhere but I was so annoyed by this place I felt I had to warn people. We are experienced travellers around the world and in particular Asia. We have never had an experience like this before and for a resort charging a pretty hefty price and a reasonable reputation it was shocking. I would understand if we were paying bargain basement prices but we were not. This was meant to be one of the nicer places in the area.
Unfortunately it gave the town of Colva a bad name. Its a shame as we really liked Colva, the beach is superb, there are many nice places to eat out and in general people were very nice to us. I would recommend the area but not this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longuinhos Beach Resort in Goa, set in scenic surroundings of blue seas, white sands, swaying trees and verdant landscaping, lives to fulfill its sole purpose - of fulfilling your dream of staying right at the beach! This little haven along the coast of Colva in South Goa is absolute with rooms, a restaurant, dance floor, conference room, pool, private lawns, gazebo, spa, and most of all, a spectacular view of the beach! The Resort is a stop for families on vacation, honeymoon couples, backpackers, business professionals, food enthusiasts, party lovers - all alike! Longuinhos Beach Resort enjoys a popular and picturesque location, but it is its structural design that brings out its real beauty - most of the property sprawls to face the sea! The few times that the sea is in the rear, the swimming pool is in view; as you wander around the property, the sounds of the sea follow you... And what a calming experience that is ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Longuinhos Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longuinhos Beach Hotel Colva
- Longuinhos Beach Colva
- Longuinhos Beach Resort Goa/Colva